Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My contract with Verizon is up. Who should I go with and what phone should I get ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jason in LA
    replied
    Originally posted by Rabb View Post
    I loved Verizon here in Denver...should have never switched. Sprint, here anyhow, is just miserable. Literally, spots in my own house where I will get dropped calls.
    I have sprint and can't talk in the kitchen.

Leave a comment:

• Aftermath
    replied
    Had grandfathered unlimited verizon data for years at $63/month. Bought iPhone 5s and other phones at full retail to keep it. Then I notice a HUGE dropoff in mbps because of congested network I guess...I know I wasnt being throttled because I checked my other friends with Verizon and it was terrible for them too. So, I switched to T-Mobile and now $80 a month I still get unlimited data but at WAYYYYY faster speeds and also get 5gb of hotspot. Also can use phones from google play store like Nexus'. I have the new HTC One M8 and its incredible, also had the Nexus 5, and iPhone 5s. Id see if T-Mobile works good in your area and then buy a Nexus 5 from the Google Play Store online for $400 and WIN. I just pray that nothing happens to T-Mobile or they stop unlimited data. I cant live without it.

Leave a comment:

• cutthemdown
    replied
    Id stay with Verizon.

Leave a comment:

• socalorado
    replied
    Originally posted by maven View Post
    I've hit 8gb and haven't been throttled. It's different for everyone.
    Me too. Same phone as well. Love it.

Leave a comment:

• maven
    replied
    Originally posted by Navy Broncos Fan View Post
    AT&T Unlimited Data Plan is a crock of **** now. They started throttling at anything over 3Gb in an attempt to force you into going to one of the other plans. I used to travel a lot and loved the unlimited LTE for watching movies and such when on travel but now with the throttling once I get above that 3Gb limit the bandwidth is back to dial-up days. I am seriously looking at switching to Verizon to get the two Gallaxy S5 deal.
    I've hit 8gb and haven't been throttled. It's different for everyone.

Leave a comment:

• maven
    replied
    Originally posted by jutang View Post
    I did Nexus 5 with the T Mobile $30 plan. 100 min with 5 GB of data at 4g LTE speed then throttles to 2 g afterwards. I used skype as my main way to make outgoing calls.

Living in west suburbs of Chicago and coverage is decent. Meijer does a 15% off their phone cards and amazon cards 2-3 times a year which I stock up on so it gets me a little extra in savings.
    That plan includes unlimited texts as well. Pretty damn good deal for lots of people.

Leave a comment:

• jutang
    replied
    I did Nexus 5 with the T Mobile $30 plan. 100 min with 5 GB of data at 4g LTE speed then throttles to 2 g afterwards. I used skype as my main way to make outgoing calls.

Living in west suburbs of Chicago and coverage is decent. Meijer does a 15% off their phone cards and amazon cards 2-3 times a year which I stock up on so it gets me a little extra in savings.

Leave a comment:

• HILife
    replied
    Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
    im switching from verizon to tmobile here in the next week or so.

I own a business and I am all over the world all the time. With Tmobile I do not have to buy any chips for the country I am in and I can just walk down the streets of shanghai and call home or keep up to date with the office etc.

Verizon does not allow me to do this without an expense. I can text but not talk. Tmobile allows me to talk and no extra charging or roaming or anything and it is significantly lower for my family plan than verizon.

(havent had tmobile since Highschool- and I hated them then- lets hope this works out wonderfully!)
    T-Mobile got some great deals, but spotty coverage. I would be all over T-Mobile if they had better coverage. I go out of town to much to have to worry about coverage.

Leave a comment:

• underrated29
    replied
    What up Chris.

I've never lost service with Verizon. But I'm sick of buying sim chips for every damn country.

Leave a comment:

• Dr. Broncenstein
    replied
    I have 4glte verizon in the middle of the boonies and it is smoking fast. Like 30 megs fast with 2-3 bars.

Leave a comment:

• Dedhed
    replied
    That bad, eh?

I may have to reconsider my switch.
    I've had TMobile twice. Each time it lasted about 3 days. First was around 2005 when they were a fledgling company, and about 92% of my calls were dropped. This was in NYC, mind you.

I tried them again about a year ago thinking they must have come a long way; not so much. I would say about 65% of my calls were dropped, and about 85% weren't clear. This was in Boston, so we're talking about prime coverage areas, not outlying places.

In the 10+ years I've had Verizon I've lost maybe 20 calls, and 10 of those are on the same stretch of road in Vermont.

Leave a comment:

• Requiem
    replied
    I want some tacos
    Hey buddy.

Leave a comment:

• underrated29
    replied
    Originally posted by Requiem View Post
    Will work for tacos.
    I want some tacos

Leave a comment:

• underrated29
    replied
    Originally posted by Dedhed View Post
    Fixed it for you.

That bad, eh?

I may have to reconsider my switch.

Leave a comment:

• Dedhed
    replied
    im switching from verizon to tmobile here in the next week or so.

I own a business and I am all over the world all the time. With Tmobile I do not have to buy any chips for the country I am in and I can just walk to the mountaintops of Shanghai in search of a signal to call home or keep up to date with the office etc.
    Fixed it for you.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X