Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My contract with Verizon is up. Who should I go with and what phone should I get ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Long story short: AT&T is the worst company ever. There is no way in hell they'd get away with their ****ty customer service if they didn't lock people in for two years.

    And then they sell you a phone with a 1-year warranty, that lasts 1.5 years... and force you to either eat the remaining 6 months of the contract... or buy a new phone with an additional 2-year contract.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by Fedaykin View Post
      You're missing the point of camping if you are worried about phone coverage

      (just teasing, I grok)
      Unfortunately I own a business and time away from my phone just is not possible anymore.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by Swedish Extrovert View Post
        Long story short: AT&T is the worst company ever. There is no way in hell they'd get away with their ****ty customer service if they didn't lock people in for two years.

        And then they sell you a phone with a 1-year warranty, that lasts 1.5 years... and force you to either eat the remaining 6 months of the contract... or buy a new phone with an additional 2-year contract.
        And yet I haven't had a problem with them since the Cingular days. Not one call drop and coverage everywhere. Meanwhile in pebble beach verizon customers are lucky to get a signal.

        Comment


        • #49
          I have AT&T. Have the Iphone 4S, and my contract is up May 11. Phone is in really good shape, plan is ok. I lose coverage at work, but that is expected. It's in the mountains. I was with Verizon before this, and I think Im going to go back to Verizon. Iphone is ok and whatnot, I just want to try something else. My boss and my best friend have a galaxy. It looks pretty nifty.

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Archer81 View Post
            I have AT&T. Have the Iphone 4S, and my contract is up May 11. Phone is in really good shape, plan is ok. I lose coverage at work, but that is expected. It's in the mountains. I was with Verizon before this, and I think Im going to go back to Verizon. Iphone is ok and whatnot, I just want to try something else. My boss and my best friend have a galaxy. It looks pretty nifty.

            I got 215 bucks for my iPhone 4s. With the upgrade I got a 5S for 200. Made 15 bucks and just had to pay the tax. A 5S is significantly better than the 4.

            Comment


            • #51
              I never have an AT&T signal in Grand County, and it often drops in Summit and Eagle county.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by Swedish Extrovert View Post
                Long story short: AT&T is the worst company ever. There is no way in hell they'd get away with their ****ty customer service if they didn't lock people in for two years.
                Don't you worry, phone companies do not want to subsidized phones these days. It's not in their best interest.

                Coverage all depends on where you live. For me, AT&T is gold with my unlimited data.

                If you're not into iPhones, I'd look into the HTC One M8/Galaxy S5 if you want Android. Nexus have no expandable memory. No thanks. Windows phones I would wait because they are getting upgraded soon.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by Quoydogs View Post
                  Unfortunately I own a business and time away from my phone just is not possible anymore.
                  I have a business with 3 phone lines, a fax line plus U-Verse. AT&T was able to bundle my family personal cells phones into my business contract at a great monthly price and it's a business expense.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    AT&T Unlimited Data Plan is a crock of **** now. They started throttling at anything over 3Gb in an attempt to force you into going to one of the other plans. I used to travel a lot and loved the unlimited LTE for watching movies and such when on travel but now with the throttling once I get above that 3Gb limit the bandwidth is back to dial-up days. I am seriously looking at switching to Verizon to get the two Gallaxy S5 deal.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      I haven't had any issues with my StraightTalk planf or ~ 50 a month. It isn't unlimited data, it's like 5 GB a month -- but I don't use that on my phone. A couple extra bucks more to use it internationally or make calls internationally -- worth it to me.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        im switching from verizon to tmobile here in the next week or so.

                        I own a business and I am all over the world all the time. With Tmobile I do not have to buy any chips for the country I am in and I can just walk down the streets of shanghai and call home or keep up to date with the office etc.

                        Verizon does not allow me to do this without an expense. I can text but not talk. Tmobile allows me to talk and no extra charging or roaming or anything and it is significantly lower for my family plan than verizon.

                        (havent had tmobile since Highschool- and I hated them then- lets hope this works out wonderfully!)

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
                          im switching from verizon to tmobile here in the next week or so.

                          I own a business and I am all over the world all the time. With Tmobile I do not have to buy any chips for the country I am in and I can just walk down the streets of shanghai and call home or keep up to date with the office etc.

                          Verizon does not allow me to do this without an expense. I can text but not talk. Tmobile allows me to talk and no extra charging or roaming or anything and it is significantly lower for my family plan than verizon.

                          (havent had tmobile since Highschool- and I hated them then- lets hope this works out wonderfully!)
                          Will work for tacos.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
                            im switching from verizon to tmobile here in the next week or so.

                            I own a business and I am all over the world all the time. With Tmobile I do not have to buy any chips for the country I am in and I can just walk to the mountaintops of Shanghai in search of a signal to call home or keep up to date with the office etc.
                            Fixed it for you.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by Dedhed View Post
                              Fixed it for you.


                              That bad, eh?

                              I may have to reconsider my switch.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by Requiem View Post
                                Will work for tacos.
                                I want some tacos

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X