Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My contract with Verizon is up. Who should I go with and what phone should I get ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T-Mobile, if you have coverage in your needed areas.

Nothing beats no contract and the ability to keep a phone more than two years and have your bill drop instead of just giving more free money to the provider.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
      I think they are only grandfathering in unlimited data into new contracts now. I had a friend get talked into changing his plan and didnt realize they stripped the unlimited data. Couldn't get it back. I don't think phone companies like that unlimited data option. I think att has an option to make your phone a wifi hot spot wherever you go
      I think they'll strip your unlimited data the next time you want to upgrade.

Comment

I'm pretty happy with AT&T (better than Sprint that I've had in the past). I used to have problems getting internet at bronco games but that was better last season. Still have occasional problems getting internet at the Pepsi Center (like Saturday night game 5 of Avs/Wild). Otherwise for phone and 4G access around town AT&T has been good. We have four phones with at&t and I also have 4G access on my ipad.

Once you sign up they won't upgrade you to a better plan unless you ask for it. I've been seeing their family plan advertised on their commercials for a couple of months and today I stopped in an AT&T store to see if I could get that as an existing customer. Saved me about $100/month over what I was previously paying.

Comment

Originally posted by Dedhed View Post
          Correct. My Verizon contract is up also but I haven't upgraded for this very reason. Don't wanna lose my unlimited data plan.

Comment

You can keep your Verizon unlimited data plan if you buy the phone out right for the full retail price.

Comment

Not sure what phone, but I'd stay with verizon. Unless ATT just gives you a great deal.

Comment

Originally posted by elsid13 View Post
                You can keep your Verizon unlimited data plan if you buy the phone out right for the full retail price.
                True. But the galaxy s5 for instance is over $600.

Comment

I like the Samsung Galaxy series but just going off of what I experience here in OC and up in Big Bear (mountains), don't get Sprint! I miss Nextel and this "network upgrade" has been going on way too long. They suck and doubt their network will give us anything better.

Comment

I just upgraded a couple months ago. As of right now it still works. But who knows if they change it on the next iPhone launch.

Comment

Originally posted by elsid13 View Post
                      That's where AT&T and Verizon are different. I kept my original unlimited data, got the upgraded reduced price on new phone, sold my old iPhone back to them for 200 and paid nothing but the tax.

Comment

Verizon is expensive, but I get a discount through my work through them. Their network always works for me and their phone selection is good. I want to change to a cheaper service but no one has managed to offer me enough yet.

Comment

They will and it's not worth the price they charge for it anyways .

Comment

We lost our unlimited data, but we only ever used 1GB a month and our bill went down after everything ten dollars so we didn't care.
                            Last edited by Kaylore; 04-28-2014, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Quoydogs View Post
                              I was thinking the windows phone 8.1 . I like that fact that it has a kick ass camera . I don't like the fact that it is a Duel core and not a Quad core. I would love to hear what you all have to say.

Thanks
                              Go with Android or IPhone. Windows Phone just doesn't have the app support and they also have good cameras. Well some of the Android phones do (e.g. G2, S5, and some others I can't think of right now).

Also I'm with Verizon, but going month to month. I will never get on another Verizon contact because they will take my unlimited data AND raise my monthly fees. When that happens, it's bye bye Verizon, hello anybody else.

Comment

Originally posted by Quoydogs View Post
                                They will and it's not worth the price they charge for it anyways .
                                ATT doesn't. But that helps you none cause you would be a new customer. You might want to find out if they would keep it(grandfather in) if you changed over to AT&T and had unlimited at verizon. Like I said I just upgraded to a 5S 32G and paid nothing more than the tax of the phone.
                                Last edited by The1percentKid; 04-28-2014, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X