Timmy Jernigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timmy Jernigan

Seen some mocks have him late 1st, early 2nd.

This would be a BPA pick, not a need but hard to pass up that talent unless Mosely or Fuller slipped.

Thug who likes to hurt people on the field. Good DT, though.

DEN is too good at DT to justify a high pick at the spot two years in a row.

Comment

I watched something with him in it- going thru drills. I was highly impressed. I don't usually look at the guys who go well before we pick but watching him and dee ford- I like Jernigan better. By a lot. And I have yet to see either of them play a snap. That's how impressed I was. Love how he uses his arms and hands to keep battling and knock blockers away and latching on.

Comment

I think Timmy Jernigan is better and quicker than Sylvester Williams, but it doesn't matter. I'm sure Jernigan will be off the board in the top 25, like he is supposed to be. Jernigan was highly disruptive, with great tackle numbers, and is only 21.

Comment

I'm a BPA guy when it comes to draft philosophy. Jernigan may be that player if he's around at #31, but I would have a hard time pulling the trigger on him only because we are in such a win now mode, and DT isn't generally a position where rookies make much of an impact.

I would be fine with the pick because he's certainly a good-looking prospect, and you can never have enough DL, but there would probably be a guy who could have more of an impact as a rookie.

Comment

Eddie Mac ran a scenario on the draft forum having certain players available at 31, he was 1A for me and Ward 1B.

DT is not locked up, we will have 1 DT under contract next season (Sly). Jernigan is a talented young player, and would continue to help rebuild the line with the infusion of youth.

He would obviously represent a BPA pick, but I think all the CBs and LBs will be gone by the time we pick.

Comment

If Jernigan or any too DT falls and they are BPA then you take them.
              We rotate a ton and we have 2 FA's coming up at that spot.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBronco View Post
                Thug who likes to hurt people on the field. Good DT, though.

DEN is too good at DT to justify a high pick at the spot two years in a row.
                It's nice to finally be there after so many ****ing years.

Comment

I like it if it happens

Comment

I'd still rather trade down if Mosley or Fuller are gone.

Comment

Originally posted by barryr View Post
                      I'd still rather trade down if Mosley or Fuller are gone.
                      Teams looking for that late first top of 2nd QB gets the extra year if drafted in the first and if you draft a QB in teh first you expect him to start at some point

Maybe Denver's spot would be a nice trade spot to select a 2nd round QB late first and pick up that 5th year

I think there may be a run on these QB around teh Browns pick at #22.

Comment

Honestly, this week I really want one of:

1. Mosley
                        2. Fuller
                        3. Verrett
                        4. Shazier

Keep in mind my mind is changing regularly

Comment

Originally posted by phibacka31 View Post
                          Honestly, this week I really want one of:

1. Mosley
                          2. Fuller
                          3. Verrett
                          4. Shazier

Keep in mind my mind is changing regularly
                          There has never been a draft with so many guys that I would be totally OK with that fall right around our spot. The only guy I can say I wouldn't be thrilled with at 31 is Worland... it's just too early to pick a player who has basically peaked.

Comment

Originally posted by iforgotmypassword View Post
                            There has never been a draft with so many guys that I would be totally OK with that fall right around our spot. The only guy I can say I wouldn't be thrilled with at 31 is Worland... it's just too early to pick a player who has basically peaked.
                            Who's Worland? If you mean Borland he's not a first round prospect in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by BMORE View Post
                              Who's Worland? If you mean Borland he's not a first round prospect in my book.
                              Worland... Borland + Wisconsin. Ha, Monday morning, more coffee for me I guess. Also, I agree.... he just doesn't have the athleticism that can make him great. You don't draft a guy in the 1st that you have no hope of being anything more than an average to solid starter.

Comment

Working...
                              X