(bad choice of word on my part) So much for Roby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (bad choice of word on my part) So much for Roby

Former Ohio State cornerback Bradley Roby was cited this week for operating a vehicle while impaired, an incident occurring days before his visit to Chargers Park.

Roby, a projected first-round pick, reportedly was found asleep Sunday behind the wheel of a parked car in Columbus, Ohio. Columbus police told WBNS-10TV, a station in the area, that officers failed to wake him and, upon opening his unlocked door, detected an alcoholic odor.

Roby reportedly failed a field sobriety test.

EDIT: Link sucked... next post....

2nd EDIT: Unfairly called Roby a thug, poor decision. My bad, not a thug but still agree with my opinion that this was completely idiotic and I wouldn't draft him with a 1st.
    Last edited by iforgotmypassword; 04-25-2014, 09:28 AM.

Your link is dead so here's a good one

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com...atus-statement

He was in a parked car in a parking lot. I consider driving drunk to be one of the most despicable things a person can do, but this is a complete non-story. He drank some and then fell asleep in his car. He blew a .008 at the station. If anything he was being responsible. Worst case he wanted to take a nap in his car. I used to do that all the time in college. There is no issue here.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post

He was in a parked car in a parking lot. I consider driving drunk to be one of the most despicable things a person can do, but this is a complete non-story. He drank some and then fell asleep in his car. He blew a .008 at the station. If anything he was being responsible. Worst case he wanted to take a nap in his car. I used to do that all the time in college. There is no issue here.
      I disagree... at this point in time your only and I mean ONLY job is to not **** up. Did he run somebody over? No. Did he **** up? Yes. Would you draft a **** up in the first round? No.

Comment

Agreed.

Comment

Although I completely, 100% agree with you, the law in most states is pretty clear that if your keys are in the ignition and you're behind the wheel, its a DUI. I've always thought that such rules were pretty unfair.

Hard to call this guy a thug based simply on the story reported.

Comment

"Parked"

Ohio and out here in Cali law enforcement always do this. They like being able to pad the amount of DUIs so it pumps money into their system. Those keys could've been in a glove compartment and still a DUI. They want you outside of the car so you can get robbed.

Comment

Originally posted by iforgotmypassword View Post
              I disagree... at this point in time your only and I mean ONLY job is to not **** up. Did he run somebody over? No. Did he **** up? Yes. Would you draft a **** up in the first round? No.
              Was he an idiot? Yes. But, he was being a semi-responsible idiot for not actually driving his vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
                "Parked"

Ohio law enforcement always do this. They like being able to pad the amount of DUIs so it pumps money into their system. Those keys could've been in a glove compartment and still a DUI. They want you outside of the car so you can get robbed.
                A DUI attorney I know says that if you want to sleep in your car, you need to put the keys in the trunk and you should sleep in the passenger or back seat.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Stout View Post
                  A DUI attorney I know says that if you want to sleep in your car, you need to put the keys in the trunk and you should sleep in the passenger or back seat.
                  A friend of mine got one with his keys in the glove box. Parked in front of his gfs house. She drove home sober and put his keys in the glove box. Left him to sleep cause she couldn't carry him in. Boom. DUI.

Comment

Yeah person I knew got a DUI for sleeping in the passenger seat.
                    His keys were in his pocket to...

So this doesn't bother me

I certainly wouldn't pass on him because of this

Comment

He's a kid. Worse, he's a kid who's about to become very rich. He knew not to drive drunk, and I commend him for that. He could have resorted to hookers and blow, instead. Charges are expected to be dropped, as they should be...

Comment

I wonder how many current NFL players do this and don't get the DUI.

Comment

This points to a drinking problem. All things being equal, I do not draft a guy who shows signs of a drinking problem. He may be a perennial pro bowler, but excessive drinking shows poor judgment. I pass on him.

Comment

Originally posted by Crushaholic View Post
                            He's a kid. Worse, he's a kid who's about to become very rich. He knew not to drive drunk, and I commend him for that. He could have resorted to hookers and blow, instead. Charges are expected to be dropped, as they should be...

He's not a kid, stop it.

Comment

Originally posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
                              This points to a drinking problem. All things being equal, I do not draft a guy who shows signs of a drinking problem. He may be a perennial pro bowler, but excessive drinking shows poor judgment. I pass on him.
                              I have gotten drunk and slept in my car before.

What you sayin here sucka

Comment

Working...
                              X