"No Fans Allowed" at Training Camp this season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "No Fans Allowed" at Training Camp this season

The Broncos are in the midst of a $35 million renovation project to expand and modernize their Dove Valley headquarters and build a fieldhouse for indoor practices. Construction on the team headquarters should be completed by the time players report for the start of training camp around July 24, and the new fieldhouse should be operational around midseason. Until then, there is no place for fans to park at training camp. There also is no place for fans to sit, at least not without risk of getting a jack-hammered chip of concrete in the eye or steel beam on the head.

So, the Broncos will have to endure the grind of training camp this year without the energy boost from their fans.

To help compensate for the missed training camp sessions, the Broncos will have three practices for their fans at Sports Authority Field at Mile High — Sunday, July 27; Wednesday, July 30; and Saturday, Aug. 2; which will be the team's annual summer scrimmage. Admission and parking will be free for all three sessions.

Read more: Construction at Broncos headquarters will force fans to skip camp - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...#ixzz2zu51jQVU
    Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
    Follow us: @Denverpost on Twitter | Denverpost on Facebook

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...orce-fans-skip

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

At least we can rely on Mike Klis' insightful reports to apprise us of who looks good.

Comment

Originally posted by broncogary View Post
        At least we can rely on Mike Klis' insightful reports to apprise us of who looks good.

Also Dmac, don't forget about Dmac!!

Comment

But how will I know how CJ Anderson looks?

Comment

Originally posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
            Like Barry Sanders, he just needs a chance. Duh.

Comment

Originally posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
              I think Julius Thomas can shut this board up for a few years about getting excited for training camp studs. Even Duke carved out a spot for himself on the team.

Don't be surprised this year when a couple a nobody's start making headlines. Apparently they love that safety...John Boyett? Depending on whether or not we draft a S, by prediction for camp stud goes to Boyett or Erik Hagg.

As far as off-season homers go, I have to admit I am completely full-blown. By day one of training camp I am completely sold that this is our year every single year.

Comment

They'd be a better team if they practiced with the smell of cow**** in their nostrils back in Greeley.

Comment

I heard this this morning. It's just for this season, and after the construction is done, Dove Valley is going to be absolutely amazing. You can see from that artists rendition of how the complex will look completed that there will be more seating, more visibility and more comfort for the fans during training camp in 2015 on. Small price to pay, if you ask me.

Comment

Fred has officially gotten his wish!

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                      I heard this this morning. It's just for this season, and after the construction is done, Dove Valley is going to be absolutely amazing. You can see from that artists rendition of how the complex will look completed that there will be more seating, more visibility and more comfort for the fans during training camp in 2015 on. Small price to pay, if you ask me.
                      Actually it kinda works out for me. I have a little vacation coming and I'm going to Florida so I wouldn't be able to do many if any TC reports.

P.S. The grass better be amazing next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Meck77 View Post
                        Fred has officially gotten his wish!
                        Are you kidding? He's probably miserable. With no families to berate, not little children to make cry, he's going to be the saddest of all.

Comment

That should free up one of the Patriots video men during training camp.

Comment

if the fence isnt tall...the inmates will still have a nice view of the north field.

Comment

Originally posted by iforgotmypassword View Post
                              I think Julius Thomas can shut this board up for a few years about getting excited for training camp studs. Even Duke carved out a spot for himself on the team.

Don't be surprised this year when a couple a nobody's start making headlines. Apparently they love that safety...John Boyett? Depending on whether or not we draft a S, by prediction for camp stud goes to Boyett or Erik Hagg.

As far as off-season homers go, I have to admit I am completely full-blown. By day one of training camp I am completely sold that this is our year every single year.
                              and then report to us how awesome Kasper or Dickie Lyons looks at training camp. Might even throw a "MF" in their name. We know your routine.....and we live off of it!

Comment

Working...
                              X