Only 6 players remain from the pre Elway era

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only 6 players remain from the pre Elway era

Never realised this until I was looking through some old drafts the other day but Matt Prater is now the longest serving Denver Bronco after Champ Bailey left and Chris Kuper retired this offseason.

Plus only Matt, Ryan Clady, David Bruton, Britton Colquitt, Kevin Vickerson and Demaryius Thomas remain since Elway took over. Clady, Bruton and Thomas are the only pre-Elway draft picks still here.

Tony Carter was here before Elway but he was a camp body, was cut, played for the Patriots for a while them came back under Elway's tenure, so I dont count him

That is one major changing of the guard in just 3 years at the helm. Not even 1/10th of the roster remains.
    Last edited by eddie mac; 04-24-2014, 07:22 PM.

Which is why so many laugh when folks claim that McDaniels gets a bad rap or that fans have a biased opinion.
    He sucked. His only meaningful contributions were ****ing up so badly that Elway had to come back.

Even the people who claim he brought in the assistants fail to realize that the top guys had a history with Fox and that is part of why they were kept.
    He developed no one, set us back though he also made us fully appreciate Elway.

Comment

Sounds about right.

Comment

Vickerson.

Comment

How could I forget old Kev, 6 then.

Comment

But Kizla says MCD is a better GM than Elway.

Comment

I wonder how many of those players that Elway has let go still exist in the league and at what capacity

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
                But Kizla says MCD is a better GM than Elway.
                Action is Kizla.

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
                  I wonder how many of those players that Elway has let go still exist in the league and at what capacity
                  Just draft picks alone.
                  Smith,Quinn,McKinley(R.I.P),Brandstater & Schlueter are out of football.
                  Then for his next draft
                  Tebow,Thompson and Kirlew are out of football.

Decker,Moreno,Beadles,Ayers are the guys who left and are expected to be solid contributors for their new teams.

Comment

Kevin Vickerson. Didn't Unrein sign w/McD?

Comment

Would be a lot more useful if I knew how it compares to the league average?

Comment

Originally posted by Swedish Extrovert View Post
                        Kevin Vickerson. Didn't Unrein sign w/McD?
                        He was a practice squadder, never activated until Elway came here so much like Carter I didn't count him.

Comment

Well, I don't think you can just dismiss the players who have shown solid production and we just couldn't really afford them. Decker, Woodyard, Ayers, Moreno are all solid players.

However, that doesn't make up for the screwups McDaniels made.

Comment

Originally posted by eddie mac View Post
                            Never realised this until I was looking through some old drafts the other day but Matt Prater is now the longest serving Denver Bronco after Champ Bailey left and Chris Kuper retired this offseason.

Plus only Matt, Ryan Clady, David Bruton, Britton Colquitt, Kevin Vickerson and Demaryius Thomas remain since Elway took over. Clady, Bruton and Thomas are the only pre-Elway draft picks still here.

Tony Carter was here before Elway but he was a camp body, was cut, played for the Patriots for a while them came back under Elway's tenure, so I dont count him

That is one major changing of the guard in just 3 years at the helm. Not even 1/10th of the roster remains.
                            That's amazing. Wonder how that compares to the rest of the league?

Comment

Originally posted by Lestat View Post
                              Just draft picks alone.
                              Smith,Quinn,McKinley(R.I.P),Brandstater & Schlueter are out of football.
                              Then for his next draft
                              Tebow,Thompson and Kirlew are out of football.

Decker,Moreno,Beadles,Ayers are the guys who left and are expected to be solid contributors for their new teams.
                              . Some of those names didn't even make it out of camp. And Somehow McDbag is better than Elway?!?

Comment

Working...
                              X