Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Franklin to LG confirmed

According to his Twitter account:
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Left guard, excited to learn and improve this offseason. I will give it my all</p>&mdash; Orlando Franklin (@OFranklin74) <a href="https://twitter.com/OFranklin74/statuses/458339718057316352">April 21, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    What are your thoughts? I think it's a good idea, and we can give Clark and a new prospect some time out at RT. Interesting that he came out with it so soon.

Franklin switch confirmed

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Left guard, excited to learn and improve this offseason. I will give it my all</p>&mdash; Orlando Franklin (@OFranklin74) <a href="https://twitter.com/OFranklin74/statuses/458339718057316352">April 21, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

I don't get it. guard is a plug and play spot.

Comment

Clady, Franklin, Ramirez, Vasquez, Clark. -- Solid.

Looks like we can lessen the priority on a OG/OL right away in the draft. Likely will look at guys in rounds 3-5 to compete would be my guess. Billy Turner (NDSU) would be a nice get, OT capability, likely to kick inside to G. Don't forget Painter (PS) and Montgomery (FA) as well.
        Last edited by Requiem; 04-21-2014, 01:42 PM.

Comment

I like it. You have Clark playing RT and some serious mass in the middle. With Painter in the wings and some more smart drafting, I think it gives a great deal of depth.

Comment

Originally posted by Quoydogs View Post
            I don't get it. guard is a plug and play spot.
            We just plugged and played him in there. Allows Chris Clark, who performed well, to keep a starting job. Five seasoned guys is better than four seasoned and a rookie, IMHO. Allows us to focus on DB, LB, etc. earlier in the draft. Believe we signed Montgomery as well -- competition. Painter on the PS.

Comment

Ryan Clark is going to be one of the best RT's in the league. A monster.

Comment

Man this line really could be special.

Comment

This just thins our depth across the line. Here's hoping no one gets hurt. Id rather try out Montgomery. Clark comes in when not if someone gets hurt.

Comment

This also pretty much confirms he´s gone after this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Requiem View Post
                      We just plugged and played him in there. Allows Chris Clark, who performed well, to keep a starting job. Five seasoned guys is better than four seasoned and a rookie, IMHO. Allows us to focus on DB, LB, etc. earlier in the draft. Believe we signed Montgomery as well -- competition. Painter on the PS.
                      Totally agree... I like this move as I think Clark did a great job at LT, and should be a nice fit at RT. Draft a guy in the mid rounds to develop. It just creates more versatility and opportunity for this line to be so dominant.

Comment

Originally posted by Jens1893 View Post
                        Why do you say that?

Comment

I think it's dumb.

He had one bad/awful game at RT, doesnt mean he should move from there.

Clark is better as a backup/swing T than starter imo.

Comment

*insert Lombardi Trophy here*

Comment

Originally posted by Jens1893 View Post
                              Yes and No.

Depends how he does there provided he's not awful there.

Contract wise, RT and G money is about the same, but i could see him be the odd man out given others due new deals.

Comment

Working...
                              X