10 Years Ago: Pat Tillman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 Years Ago: Pat Tillman

Okay call me a sentimental fool, but while Pat Tillman was not on my NFL team, I am taking this moment to honor the memory of a man who gave up a lucrative NFL career and ultimately his life to serve his country.

The article below is from around that time, but there are few popping up on the net today, Schefter posted one which is honestly why I thought about it.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/4815441/ns.../#.U1F8G3-9KSM

I do remember also how tore up Jake Plummer was about him too, being his best friend and former team mate at both ASU and the AZ Cardinals. It was one of the things I did like about Jake, his honest heart felt grief about it.

Again, thank you to Pat and to all those who have served our country, putting their lives on the line in service to the citizens of the United States and even the world.

I pray for his family. They lost a son and it took them awhile to get to the truth of it.
    Last edited by Kaylore; 04-19-2014, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Really sucks that it was friendly fire. Amazing sacrifice this man made for his country.

Comment

Pat Tillman gave up extended fame and riches to do what he thought was right. That was his first sacrifice. Then, he paid the ultimate price. This is a good thread, Miss I. Tillman NEEDS to be honored...

Comment

Comment

Wow. Has it already been 10 years? Doesn't seem like that long ago. He made the ultimate sacrifice for his country.

Comment

The Afghanistan war is the longest war inn US history. Ask yourself why?

There is one clear answer: A small group of powerful men are making way too much money from the heroin trade...to wind this war down.

Tillman and thousands of other Americans died so that the too big to fail banks can continue laundering $500 billion a year in drug money -- which they absolutely must have for liquidity..

MHG

Comment

Way to **** on the thread mhgaffney.

Tillman did what more people need to do, what he felt was the right thing. His memory should be respected.

Comment

Originally posted by mhgaffney View Post
                  The Afghanistan war is the longest war inn US history. Ask yourself why?

There is one clear answer: A small group of powerful men are making way too much money from the heroin trade...to wind this war down.

Tillman and thousands of other Americans died so that the too big to fail banks can continue laundering $500 billion a year in drug money -- which they absolutely must have for liquidity..

MHG
                  Annnnnnnddd que the polities.

Comment

I have a Tillman jersey. The guy was a true American hero.

Murica

Comment

10 years. Wow, I didn't realize it has been that long. Most soldiers will tell you they are not heroes, just doing their job. What a job. Tillman gave up a job most would give anything to have to do his job, what he felt was right. This sacrifice, plus knowing he was putting himself in daily danger and leaving his family, is something most of us would never contemplate. These are heroes, because they do it for each of us. Thank you Pat and your family as they also have experienced the greatest sacrifice.

Comment

I saw this thread yesterday and was going to make another "Good man Gone" post and changed my mind. I didn't personally know Tillman. Yet I did know him by the choice's he made. A lot of people do, and acknowledge these choices, turning down Fame, Celebrity, and Money to do something for America.
                        It's too bad we can't seem to find political leaders who live up to the standards set by the men and women of our Armed Forces.

"Rangers Lead The Way"

Comment

Working...
                        X