Havin a blast in NOLA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Havin a blast in NOLA

Bachelor party in New Orleans, having an insane time. First time here, any maners have any suggestions on bars, grub, etc? Figure some of y'all have gone a couple rounds here before..

don't get arrested. NOPD are pricks. they will beat you down for no reason.

earning beads is a good way to get arrested!

if you must go to the bathroom and the line is out the door, go to the back alley ways to relieve yourself

earning beads is better than giving away beads, but its also riskier as well

relax and have a good time, don't let the drunks and jealous bf get to you.

don't push a cop

i stayed out on burbon st the entire time. very rarely did i go to the bars or strip clubs. i got plenty of action on the streets, no need for the bars.

i was stationed 1hr away from NO, so i was there nearly every weekend

Comment

Have fun and congrats man. Get some fresh beignets from Cafe Du Monde. Literally the greatest drunk snack I have ever had in my life.

Comment

Pretty much anywhere on bourbon street is good. Make sure to check at the bars on the fair end of bourbon street. The part were it starts to look like you are getting close to residential areas. Can't remember the name of the street you have to cross, but you will know it when you see it. I'm sure you will like them.

Comment

Originally posted by SleepingTiger View Post
          don't get arrested. NOPD are pricks. they will beat you down for no reason.

earning beads is a good way to get arrested!

if you must go to the bathroom and the line is out the door, go to the back alley ways to relieve yourself

earning beads is better than giving away beads, but its also riskier as well

relax and have a good time, don't let the drunks and jealous bf get to you.

don't push a cop

i stayed out on burbon st the entire time. very rarely did i go to the bars or strip clubs. i got plenty of action on the streets, no need for the bars.

i was stationed 1hr away from NO, so i was there nearly every weekend
          I had no troubles with the NOPD when I went there on New Years Eve. Place was one big party. I still can't believe people can drink freely on the streets. Took me a while to get use to that.

Yes, you don't really need to go into the bars during major events. Streets have everything you need. Just go into the bars to get a drink then get back on the streets.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabb View Post
            Have fun and congrats man. Get some fresh beignets from Cafe Du Monde. Literally the greatest drunk snack I have ever had in my life.
            Yes, this. Also check out Acme Oyster House and Mother's Restaurant. The Oysters at Acme are good. I haven't been to Mother's, but heard good things.

Comment

Verdi Marte for Po-Boys- call ahead or have them delivered- best sandwich in NOLA, IMHO. Its on Royal, and I can't remeber the cross street. The have an everyting po-bay that is supposed to blow your **** up, and they have greasy onion rings to soak up the booze. I usually go in, get my Oyster Po-Boy, and Few Coors from the cooler and eat on the curb outside- often times there is a street performer there just humming away. I think this place steam theire sesame seed buns... got I want one so bad.

Molly on the Market- Cheap drinks, good place to get messed up.

French 75- is the lounge and Arnauds- excellent drinks, and a great cigar selection- but don't go in there all messed up, they will probably throw you out... lol

My FAVORITE place in NOLA to have drinks- the Sazarac lounge at the Roosevelt Hotel- best old fashioned in the City, and they make a Gin Fizz that will make you squirt yourself. It aint cheap, but if you clowns are willing to not be retards, it is excellent experience.

I'd head to Frenchman Street at night- great music, good bars that don't rape you on drinks...

I wouldn't spend all my time on Bourbon Street, most of it is tourist trap and has little to offer that you cannot get in other cities- I'd hit Pat O'Briens just to say you did, its a cool place, but their Hurricanes are made from a Mix, and are not really a Traditonal Hurricane at all, and they're expensive, so one drink and out. LaFittes is on Bourbon street, one of the old structires in NOLA. Right next to it is LaFitte's in Exile- I will let you discover the suprise that waits you in that bar... lol....

Have a great time in that amazing city... but don't be stupid, don't piss ont he street like I see some tourists do, remeber you are a guest in someones city- also, yes, don't **** with the cops- my expereince is they are cool if you are cool to them- if you are a dick, they will be a dick.
              Last edited by B-Large; 04-18-2014, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SleepingTiger View Post

don't push a cop
                Saddened this needs to be said.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                  There is the notion that anyting goes on Bourbon Street, that you can be outwardly out of control and retarded.... somehow drunk dick smacks think cops are just interferring in their fun, but since the Tourism is the cities mainstay, they end that **** really quick. I have seen cops destroy druck people post haste- they do not **** around, and I can't even imagine what the New Orelans parrish holding center is like...

Comment

Originally posted by HILife View Post
                    Yes, this. Also check out Acme Oyster House and Mother's Restaurant. The Oysters at Acme are good. I haven't been to Mother's, but heard good things.
                    Mother's Restaurant kicks ass.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Large View Post
                      Verdi Marte for Po-Boys- call ahead or have them delivered- best sandwich in NOLA, IMHO. Its on Royal, and I can't remeber the cross street. The have an everyting po-bay that is supposed to blow your **** up, and they have greasy onion rings to soak up the booze. I usually go in, get my Oyster Po-Boy, and Few Coors from the cooler and eat on the curb outside- often times there is a street performer there just humming away. I think this place steam theire sesame seed buns... got I want one so bad.
                      Word on Verdi Marte....the first time I was in NOLA I stated at the Le Richelieu Hotel, which isn't far from Verdi Marte.

Phenomenal Po-Boys.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
                        Word on Verdi Marte....the first time I was in NOLA I stated at the Le Richelieu Hotel, which isn't far from Verdi Marte.

Phenomenal Po-Boys.
                        Right? I have tried to recreate their bun, but I have not gotten it just right. I crave that sandwich all the time, nothing like it.

Comment

Here is a second for Frenchman street - I've done two bachelor parties in NO, one entirely on Frenchman and one where I just stayed on Bourbon - Bourbon was a total blast but kinda got old after a while. I also found Bourbon to be a complete and total sausage fest.

If you guys want something less touristy - I'd check out uptown around Tulane - some fun places there as well.

Comment

Originally posted by HILife View Post
                            I had no troubles with the NOPD when I went there on New Years Eve. Place was one big party. I still can't believe people can drink freely on the streets. Took me a while to get use to that.

Yes, you don't really need to go into the bars during major events. Streets have everything you need. Just go into the bars to get a drink then get back on the streets.
                            i had troubles with NOPD twice. first wasn't that bad as they only put me in the slammer to let me sober (whatever), the second was an absolute beat down.

Originally posted by B-Large View Post
                            There is the notion that anyting goes on Bourbon Street, that you can be outwardly out of control and retarded.... somehow drunk dick smacks think cops are just interferring in their fun, but since the Tourism is the cities mainstay, they end that **** really quick. I have seen cops destroy druck people post haste- they do not **** around, and I can't even imagine what the New Orelans parrish holding center is like...
                            i didn't do anything to deserve the beat down. im all of 5'5" 140lbs, so its not like i pose a danger. c'mon, that chick had some really nice beads and wanted me to show something. cop didn't think so and gave me a nice beating.

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                            well, my buddy saw the cop stomping on me and he came in for the rescue only to be beaten down himself.

anyways, we got put in the patty wagon to sober up. we had a portable camera with us and started to take pictures inside the truck. ahhh good times

i came back the next day and had a blast.

Comment

Have fun man! I grew up in Monroe, LA up by Shreveport. Used to go down to NOLA every chance I got. You really can't go wrong down there. Just soak it all up brother. NOLA is one of this country's national treasures. Nowhere else quite like it.

There are a lot of good suggestions here already so I won't add anything, but if you're looking for something to do during the day, the D-Day museum is very very cool
                              Last edited by ShiftyEyedWaterboy; 04-18-2014, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X