TJ Ward on Broncos D: "We're going to make a statement"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TJ Ward on Broncos D: "We're going to make a statement"

T.J. Ward wasn't on the Denver Broncos when the Seattle Seahawks demolished them in Super Bowl XLVIII. Heck, the Pro Bowl safety hasn't even met most of his teammates yet.

Those facts didn't stop the Broncos' free-agent acquisition from making a declaration on behalf of his new coworkers.

"I know I can speak for everybody on the defensive side of the ball when I say we're going to make a statement from point go, from the first preseason game," Ward told USA Today's Tom Pelissero. "From then on, teams can know what they're up against and know what to expect week-in and week-out. They don't have to just worry about the offense no more."

We can imagine John Elway likes to hear that fire from his defense. The Broncos general manager made it clear in his offseason signings -- Ward, pass rusher DeMarcus Ware, cornerback Aqib Talib -- he wanted to get tougher on the defensive side of the ball.

"As good as the Broncos' offense was last year, you see what happens when you get put up against a stout defense and an offense that can pretty much manage and make some plays here and there," Ward said, referring to the Super Bowl debacle.

Ward said Denver's defense plans on matching that historic Broncos offense as one of the best in the NFL in 2014.

"We're sending a message right now that we're coming in not only trying to be one of the top offenses in the league, but one of the top defenses in the world and get that Super Bowl ring," he exclaimed.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...tement-in-2014

Not sure if posted, boring week NFL-wise.

I'm already in love...

Comment

Hope so. Give Manning more short fields. If Miller & Ware are healthy, holy crap. That will be unbelievable.

Comment

Comment

We will notice Ward most when it comes to playing tough pass defense inside the redzone.

If Ware and Miller can get after the passer, and Harris holds up at corner we could be a top 5 defense.

Comment

A hot shot young CB and a some young beef for the interior line in the draft would be sweet.

Comment

I could care less about the talk, we hear that every year from members on the defense. But this year I like how things are turning out. Elway has made actions louder then words by actually bringing in talented yet physical players on defense. If Miller can get back to where he was and Ware can get fully healthy, it certainly could be the top 2 or 3 defense in the league. I still would like to see our offense get more physical too.

Comment

Originally posted by ZONA View Post
                I could care less about the talk
                Yep.

Yawn.

Comment

Originally posted by ZONA View Post
                  I could care less about the talk, we hear that every year from members on the defense. But this year I like how things are turning out. Elway has made actions louder then words by actually bringing in talented yet physical players on defense. If Miller can get back to where he was and Ware can get fully healthy, it certainly could be the top 2 or 3 defense in the league. I still would like to see our offense get more physical too.
                  This was our starting defense 2 years ago when it was top 5, just starters.

DE- Wolfe (rookie)
                  DT- Bannan.
                  DT- Vickerson?
                  DE- Doom
                  OLB- Woodyard
                  MLB- Brooking
                  OLB- Miller
                  CB- Bailey
                  SS- Adams
                  FS- Moore
                  CB- Harris

Comment

Originally posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post

DE- Wolfe (rookie)
                    DT- Bannan.
                    DT- Vickerson?
                    DE- Doom
                    OLB- Woodyard
                    MLB- Brooking
                    OLB- Miller
                    CB- Bailey
                    SS- Adams
                    FS- Moore
                    CB- Harris
                    Wow. Looking at that line up compared to our current line up....

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin8Nine View Post
                      Wow. Looking at that line up compared to our current line up....
                      The little-known 'Top-Five Player Having a DMVP-Worthy Season' effect.

If he comes close to having a year like that again we won't be worrying about the defense at all.

Comment

I usually don't think much about the talk, but right now, I still need all the soothing balm I can get after the hide chapping I am taking up here in the PacNW. I have a Broncos debit card. I can't go a week without some checker rubbing salt in the wound.

Comment

TJ Ward is probably my favorite Broncos player right now.

Comment

Originally posted by rolandftw View Post
                            TJ Ward is probably my favorite Broncos player right now.
                            He's definitely my favorite defensive player right now. I'm also looking forward to Danny Trevathan becoming a very good linebacker, hopefully. Knighton was fun too watch last season but I'm doubtful he re-signs after this upcoming season. I hope I am wrong about Pot Roast.

Comment

Originally posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post

DE- Wolfe (rookie)
                              DT- Bannan.
                              DT- Vickerson?
                              DE- Doom
                              OLB- Woodyard
                              MLB- Brooking
                              OLB- Miller
                              CB- Bailey
                              SS- Adams
                              FS- Moore
                              CB- Harris
                              The2012 Defense improved immensely once Brooking replaced Joe Mays in the line-up.

Way too many starting line-up changes last year to keep enough continuity to pull it all together. The Offense either scoring in 2 minutes, or going 3-and-out also contributed heavily to the problems on Defense (including excessive injuries from being on and off the field too much).

Comment

Working...
                              X