Roby or Verrett?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roby or Verrett?

Let's say Shazier/Mosely/Ford/Fuller are all gone (pretty good possibility)

Who would you take if Verrett or Roby are both there.

Verrett

Comment

Su'a Filo!

Verrett if it has to be between the 2 you mentioned.

Comment

I don't really see it with Verrett, but maybe it's just me. He doesn't seem like a great athlete.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly_Eli View Post
          I don't really see it with Verrett, but maybe it's just me. He doesn't seem like a great athlete.
          He has all the measurables, minus height.

Good arm length, a little over 30 inches.

Ran a 4.38 or 4.39, 40-time.

I'm not advocating drafting him, i want Fuller but if all of those 4 are gone, i can see it but Elway seems to want bigger CB's....

Comment

Verrett, because he's tenacious on man and would be superb in the slot. The Broncos will need a good slot CB this year who can play man and be a legit guy who can fill in for Harris in case he takes awhile to come back from the ACL. Also, Harris is going to demand a premium contract next offseason, which the Broncos might not be able to afford.

In the end, I think Verrett would be the best guy who could help us win a Superbowl this year, if the top 3 are gone (Mosley, Shazier, Fuller).

Only problem is the stupid dreads.

Comment

Broncos need a guard that can start this year.

Comment

Hopefully neither but in this case. Roby.

Comment

I posted these in the OMane mock when I took Mitchell..

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cf...-cb-metrics-10

There are some big misconceptions about CB strengths, who lined up where, and how they would fit in our defense.

Comment

I would be surprised if the Broncos took either one at 31. Maybe in a trade down or if they couldn't pull a trade off, but Fuller is the guy they would take if there, which seems unlikely. Roby has more size, but Verrett is the "safer" type pick IMO. I think I'd rather they take a CB later like say a Watkins, whose size and speed are comparable.

Comment

Originally posted by cutthemdown View Post
                      Broncos need a guard that can start this year.
                      They can use guys in house for this too. If they took one, fine, but I don't see this as glaring a need as another nickel LB

Comment

Bird Face (Kiper) has us grabbing Verrett...

Comment

I really see Denver trading up to get their guy...Pryor in the first and Borland in the second.

Comment

Originally posted by StugotsIII View Post
                            I really see Denver trading up to get their guy...Pryor in the first and Borland in the second.
                            Trading up for a SS when we have one of the best in the league, what?

Dont like Borland.

Comment

Which one would make a better safety if he fails at cb
                              A legit question and possible discriminator in the decision
                              Process

Comment

Working...
                              X