X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tombstone RJ
    replied
    Originally posted by Quoydogs View Post
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/RSht5j3Cnh0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>:
    that's another great Zeppeline tune that they released well after the group broke up. I wanna say that they thought about including this song on either Zep 2 or Zep 3 but it got cut. Great song.

Leave a comment:

• Quoydogs
    replied
    Muddy waters

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/qWZFMIvEPcg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>:

Leave a comment:

• Tombstone RJ
    replied
    Dickey Betts is the Allman Brothers Band IMHO. Just like I won't see Pink Floyd live without Roger Waters, I won't see The Allman Brothers without Dickey Betts. When the Allman Brothers band was just getting started, Duane and Dickey played together. When Duane died, it was all Dickey Betts.

Dickey Betts is perhaps, the greatest Souther Rock guitar player ever, and I absolutley love his sound. I got to see The Allman Brothers Band live back in the early 1990's at Red Rocks, with the ever loving Dickey Betts!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/yuDU8Ky3dyY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Leave a comment:

• bronco militia
    replied
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/L3LM4JsY0so" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Leave a comment:

• Quoydogs
    replied
    Originally posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
    David Gilmour also played some slide guitar with Pink Floyd, very surreal sound. I think Jimmy Page (when he was playing live with Led Zeppelin) played a little slide guitar too but I can't think of any songs off the top of my head.
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/RSht5j3Cnh0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>:

Leave a comment:

• RepentWalpurgis
    replied
    David Lindley.

Leave a comment:

• Wes Mantooth
    replied
    Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post
    Ry Cooder
    What? You got a problem with ry cooder?

Leave a comment:

• Tombstone RJ
    replied
    Originally posted by Quoydogs View Post
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/hZlCz1hH-io" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>:
    Doh! I forgot about In My time of Dying! and apparantly, Jack White of the White Stripes plays slide too (and Edge of U2).

Leave a comment:

• DomCasual
    replied
    I'm at Disneyworld, so I can't post the detail that I'd like. But there is a song with what I believe to be a great example of the slide guitar. It's by a band called Jefferson Starship. I'll have to see if I can find a video, when I get more more time.

Leave a comment:

• Quoydogs
    replied
    Originally posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
    David Gilmour also played some slide guitar with Pink Floyd, very surreal sound. I think Jimmy Page (when he was playing live with Led Zeppelin) played a little slide guitar too but I can't think of any songs off the top of my head.
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/hZlCz1hH-io" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>:

Leave a comment:

• Tombstone RJ
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Tombstone RJ
    replied
    I think Joe Walsh and Rick Derringer also played some slide guitar back in the day....

Leave a comment:

• Rohirrim
    replied
    Ry Cooder

Leave a comment:

• Tombstone RJ
    replied
    Duane playing slide guitar with Wilson Pickett, good stuff:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/B5B1Vfdk7W8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Leave a comment:

• Tombstone RJ
    replied
    here's a video on Duane Allman's slide guitar style, interesting. Too bad Duane died way back in like 1971, he killed himself riding a motorcycle.

I'm not 100% sure if this is true or not, but I believe that between 1970 and 1971 all these fantastic talents died at the age of 27: Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison, Janis Joplin and Duane Allman:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/HRw6r3ubUQs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Leave a comment:

Working...
X