Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best slide guitarist

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Right now i think Derek Trucks probably the best.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
      Derrick Trucks.
      This is what most of the pro guitar players would say right now. He plays with a lot of feeling and technique, can play fast, slide, slow etc. He really is a fine musician.

      Comment


      • #33
        HoOTie in the BloWFesh

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
          I got your back DomCasual -

          "Do you want to tell me that this isn't one of the greatest slide guitar songs of all time? This band is in the rock n' roll hall of fame. And this song (choking up a little here) - This Song! - well, I don't have the words. Many might consider this song to be their own personal anthem - the song that defines their own lives. And while I feel more partial to one of the many great songs in the Air Supply portfolio, I would have a hard time arguing with this choice.

          I picture myself walking down a hallway, through fog, and the people that have been influential in my life start a slow clap. And when that clap ascends into a crescendo, this very song starts what turns out to be the highlight reel of my life.

          When the Broncos win their next Super Bowl, I like to think that this will be the song they'll be playing between the final gun, and the awarding of the Lombardi Trophy. But that's just me. I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me. That's just something that I enjoy.

          Anyway, enough with the poetry. Just turn up the volume, and let the next four minutes and fifty-six seconds transport you to another place.


          <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/DgKLOk6Xk0o?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
          Where's the slide.

          Comment


          • #35
            This dude's sick too:

            <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/4IV7joZlkNQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
              David Gilmour also played some slide guitar with Pink Floyd, very surreal sound. I think Jimmy Page (when he was playing live with Led Zeppelin) played a little slide guitar too but I can't think of any songs off the top of my head.
              I know Gilmour uses a lap steel for that spacey sound on a lot of songs.

              <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/m9ohBMozCzI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by cutthemdown View Post
                This is what most of the pro guitar players would say right now. He plays with a lot of feeling and technique, can play fast, slide, slow etc. He really is a fine musician.
                He's dynamic on a level beyond anyone else I've ever heard on slide. Not really a fan of the guitar hero stuff, but that guy is truly incredible.

                Comment


                • #38
                  This is by far my favorite slide guitar song of all time. Maybe not the greatest solo ever but a great example of why they call him slowhand.

                  <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/36Yl6O6OR9Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>:
                  Last edited by Quoydogs; 04-17-2014, 03:33 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    http://youtu.be/GBbRrvJt8G8

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
                      I got your back DomCasual -

                      "Do you want to tell me that this isn't one of the greatest slide guitar songs of all time? This band is in the rock n' roll hall of fame. And this song (choking up a little here) - This Song! - well, I don't have the words. Many might consider this song to be their own personal anthem - the song that defines their own lives. And while I feel more partial to one of the many great songs in the Air Supply portfolio, I would have a hard time arguing with this choice.

                      I picture myself walking down a hallway, through fog, and the people that have been influential in my life start a slow clap. And when that clap ascends into a crescendo, this very song starts what turns out to be the highlight reel of my life.

                      When the Broncos win their next Super Bowl, I like to think that this will be the song they'll be playing between the final gun, and the awarding of the Lombardi Trophy. But that's just me. I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me. That's just something that I enjoy.

                      Anyway, enough with the poetry. Just turn up the volume, and let the next four minutes and fifty-six seconds transport you to another place.


                      <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/DgKLOk6Xk0o?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                      REP! Timeless!

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Doyle Bramhall jr is my favorite living guitarist. He plays a pretty cool slide. Dude isn't a super technician, but his tone and feel are second to none IMO.

                        http://youtu.be/dcADRXDLL1M

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by bombay View Post
                          David Lindley.
                          Nice obscure reference. Great player. How about Lowell George?

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Bonnie Raitt plays slide like a boss.

                            http://youtu.be/brVZgzOe45o

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by cutthemdown View Post
                              This is what most of the pro guitar players would say right now. He plays with a lot of feeling and technique, can play fast, slide, slow etc. He really is a fine musician.
                              I've had the pleasure of seeing Derek Trucks three times since 2005. With The Allman Brothers, with Clapton, and with The Tedeschi Trucks Band. He just keeps getting better. I look forward to the next time I get to see him.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by rodr88 View Post
                                I've had the pleasure of seeing Derek Trucks three times since 2005. With The Allman Brothers, with Clapton, and with The Tedeschi Trucks Band. He just keeps getting better. I look forward to the next time I get to see him.
                                I really dislike the vast majority guitar virtuoso music. I can certainly appreciate a technical master, but something doesn't pan out for me when listening to that type of music. Trucks is an exception.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X