• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DomCasual
    replied
    Originally posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
    I got your back DomCasual -

"Do you want to tell me that this isn't one of the greatest slide guitar songs of all time? This band is in the rock n' roll hall of fame. And this song (choking up a little here) - This Song! - well, I don't have the words. Many might consider this song to be their own personal anthem - the song that defines their own lives. And while I feel more partial to one of the many great songs in the Air Supply portfolio, I would have a hard time arguing with this choice.

I picture myself walking down a hallway, through fog, and the people that have been influential in my life start a slow clap. And when that clap ascends into a crescendo, this very song starts what turns out to be the highlight reel of my life.

When the Broncos win their next Super Bowl, I like to think that this will be the song they'll be playing between the final gun, and the awarding of the Lombardi Trophy. But that's just me. I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me. That's just something that I enjoy.

Anyway, enough with the poetry. Just turn up the volume, and let the next four minutes and fifty-six seconds transport you to another place.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/DgKLOk6Xk0o?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    REP! Timeless!

Leave a comment:

• Dr. Broncenstein
    replied
    http://youtu.be/GBbRrvJt8G8

Leave a comment:

• Quoydogs
    replied
    This is by far my favorite slide guitar song of all time. Maybe not the greatest solo ever but a great example of why they call him slowhand.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/36Yl6O6OR9Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>:
    Last edited by Quoydogs; 04-17-2014, 03:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Dr. Broncenstein
    replied
    Originally posted by cutthemdown View Post
    This is what most of the pro guitar players would say right now. He plays with a lot of feeling and technique, can play fast, slide, slow etc. He really is a fine musician.
    He's dynamic on a level beyond anyone else I've ever heard on slide. Not really a fan of the guitar hero stuff, but that guy is truly incredible.

Leave a comment:

• Arkie
    replied
    Originally posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
    David Gilmour also played some slide guitar with Pink Floyd, very surreal sound. I think Jimmy Page (when he was playing live with Led Zeppelin) played a little slide guitar too but I can't think of any songs off the top of my head.
    I know Gilmour uses a lap steel for that spacey sound on a lot of songs.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/m9ohBMozCzI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Leave a comment:

• Smiling Assassin27
    replied
    This dude's sick too:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/4IV7joZlkNQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Leave a comment:

• Quoydogs
    replied
    Originally posted by Gutless Drunk View Post

"Do you want to tell me that this isn't one of the greatest slide guitar songs of all time? This band is in the rock n' roll hall of fame. And this song (choking up a little here) - This Song! - well, I don't have the words. Many might consider this song to be their own personal anthem - the song that defines their own lives. And while I feel more partial to one of the many great songs in the Air Supply portfolio, I would have a hard time arguing with this choice.

I picture myself walking down a hallway, through fog, and the people that have been influential in my life start a slow clap. And when that clap ascends into a crescendo, this very song starts what turns out to be the highlight reel of my life.

When the Broncos win their next Super Bowl, I like to think that this will be the song they'll be playing between the final gun, and the awarding of the Lombardi Trophy. But that's just me. I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me. That's just something that I enjoy.

Anyway, enough with the poetry. Just turn up the volume, and let the next four minutes and fifty-six seconds transport you to another place.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/DgKLOk6Xk0o?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Where's the slide.

Leave a comment:

• Requiem
    replied
    HoOTie in the BloWFesh

Leave a comment:

• cutthemdown
    replied
    Originally posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
    Derrick Trucks.
    This is what most of the pro guitar players would say right now. He plays with a lot of feeling and technique, can play fast, slide, slow etc. He really is a fine musician.

Leave a comment:

• cutthemdown
    replied
    Right now i think Derek Trucks probably the best.

Leave a comment:

• Gutless Drunk
    replied
    Originally posted by DomCasual View Post
    I'm at Disneyworld, so I can't post the detail that I'd like. But there is a song with what I believe to be a great example of the slide guitar. It's by a band called Jefferson Starship. I'll have to see if I can find a video, when I get more more time.

Leave a comment:

• Dr. Broncenstein
    replied
    Derrick Trucks.

Leave a comment:

• Rohirrim
    replied
    Originally posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    What? You got a problem with ry cooder?
    I'm saying there's number one, Ry, and then waaaaay down the list is everybody else.

Leave a comment:

• kupesdad
    replied
    here's a video on Duane Allman's slide guitar style, interesting. Too bad Duane died way back in like 1971, he killed himself riding a motorcycle.

I'm not 100% sure if this is true or not, but I believe that between 1970 and 1971 all these fantastic talents died at the age of 27: Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison, Janis Joplin and Duane Allman:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/HRw6r3ubUQs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    I remember the day he died... the radio was reporting "Duane Allman" and all the girls heard "Wayne Osmond" and started flipping out. It kind of shocked me that these 10 and 11 year old girls knew who Duane Allman was until I found out why they were crying... stupid girls!!!

Leave a comment:

• Cito Pelon
    replied
    Dickey Betts is the Allman Brothers Band IMHO. Just like I won't see Pink Floyd live without Roger Waters, I won't see The Allman Brothers without Dickey Betts. When the Allman Brothers band was just getting started, Duane and Dickey played together. When Duane died, it was all Dickey Betts.

Dickey Betts is perhaps, the greatest Souther Rock guitar player ever, and I absolutley love his sound. I got to see The Allman Brothers Band live back in the early 1990's at Red Rocks, with the ever loving Dickey Betts!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/yuDU8Ky3dyY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    I'd like to see a comeback from Southern rock, soul, blues, rockabilly, hybrids, Texas soul, whatever. Anything but this wasteland of music since about 2000.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X