Best slide guitarist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best slide guitarist

So with all the music threads up I thought this might be fun.

Roy Rogers is one of my favorite guitar players to date.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/NW08Rc802MQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/x4KmbUCwkyE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

That's some good stuff,. I was wondering if anyone would respond. I don't think most of the people on this board know what slide is. For the most part it's a lost art.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/wibktCW1sYc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>:

Comment

Ry Cooder

Comment

A guy that's been shamefully forgotten as a slide guy:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/TQpbnnUdJkk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

Can't forget the Godfather of blues and slide.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/XrExBI7PtLc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>:

Comment

Duane Allman didn't suck.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoLifer View Post
                Duane Allman didn't suck.
                yep, and Mark Knopfler of Dire Straits played a nice slide guitar. Knopfler's guitar style sounded like a slide guitar but technically, he wasn't always using a slide. However, he has such a distinct style and sound, I love it.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/BX0Bhga_2vs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

Originally posted by Quoydogs View Post
                  So with all the music threads up I thought this might be fun.

Roy Rogers is one of my favorite guitar players to date.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/NW08Rc802MQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>:
                  wow, and he's playing a 12 string too, fantastic, really awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
                    yep, and Mark Knopfler of Dire Straits played a nice slide guitar. Knopfler's guitar style sounded like a slide guitar but technically, he wasn't always using a slide. However, he has such a distinct style and sound, I love it.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/BX0Bhga_2vs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                    He also does not use a pick and is a huge fan of Nationals

Comment

here's a video on Duane Allman's slide guitar style, interesting. Too bad Duane died way back in like 1971, he killed himself riding a motorcycle.

I'm not 100% sure if this is true or not, but I believe that between 1970 and 1971 all these fantastic talents died at the age of 27: Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison, Janis Joplin and Duane Allman:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/HRw6r3ubUQs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

Duane playing slide guitar with Wilson Pickett, good stuff:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/B5B1Vfdk7W8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

Ry Cooder

Comment

I think Joe Walsh and Rick Derringer also played some slide guitar back in the day....

Comment

David Gilmour also played some slide guitar with Pink Floyd, very surreal sound. I think Jimmy Page (when he was playing live with Led Zeppelin) played a little slide guitar too but I can't think of any songs off the top of my head.

Comment

Working...
                              X