Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which is your favorite current streak of futility?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which is your favorite current streak of futility?

I don't want to see any of these streaks end but which one do you revel in the most?

Kansas City: 21 years without a playoff win.

Oakland: 11 years without a winning season.

San Diego: 48 years without a Super Bowl championship.
    Chiefs: 21 years without a playoff win.
    74.63%
    Raiders: 11 years without a winning season.
    22.39%
    Chargers: 48 years without a Super Bowl title.
    2.99%

Nice poll, chiefs for me since their fans are so myopic.

Comment

I'm a bacon wrapped filet mignon guy.

Comment

I live in the midst of a bunch of Chiefs fans. I get great joy in seeing their playoff dreams smashed EVERY YEAR...

Comment

I must be in the minority, but I think it's hilarious that the Raiders haven't won anything since 2001.

Comment

Originally posted by Swedish Extrovert View Post
            I must be in the minority, but I think it's hilarious that the Raiders haven't won anything since 2001.
            It seems a lot of their fans have given up out here. I used to see raider fans all the time. Not anymore. A lot of new 49ers fans though.

Comment

Although at the present moment, I'd consider the Chiefs a bigger rival than the Raiders. Maybe even the Patriots.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
                It seems their fans have given up out here. I used to see raider fans all the time. Not anymore. A lot of new 49ers fans though.
                I know. This winter I dated a girl from Mammoth Lakes, CA. She insists she loves the 49ers, but in a lot of her pictures from her younger years, she's wearing Raiders gear.

Comment

I say Chiefs because that record is truly sad. They have had some decent teams in the past 21 years. So it isn't like they have been terrible over that stretch. They just can't put it together in the playoffs.

SD not winning a super bowl isn't that big of a deal because there are a few other teams that also hold that distinction

Oakland's streak while impressive in a bad way is not yet at the record. Tampa Bay holds that distinction.

Comment

Gotta go to the Chiefs, but the Raiders....lol.

Comment

Chiefs and it isn't even close.

My reasoning is 2 fold.

1. I take great pleasure in watching them suffer like this. My fiancee is a Chiefs fan, and lately it's been awesome.

2. They are so ****ing obnoxious when they have anything close to success that I don't think I could handle a playoff notch on their belt. The OM would become a dark, dark place.

Comment

The Chiefs is more interesting. Probably because making it to the playoffs at least once every six years is something 28 of 32 franchises have managed to do. The Chiefs have made the playoffs 7 times since 1993 and lost in their first game in every single one of them. Even the Bengals, who have gone longer without a post-season win actually have fewer playoff appearances. More surprisingly, 4 of the 7 losses were to the Colts despite being favored in several of the contests.

Their streak is more interesting, more unlikely and therefore the most hilarious.

Comment

Chiefs because their fans are pretty delusional. Raider fans while a little rough around the edges are pretty realistic for the most part and especially compared to mulletheads.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                            The Chiefs is more interesting. Probably because making it to the playoffs at least once every six years is something 28 of 32 franchises have managed to do. The Chiefs have made the playoffs 7 times since 1993 and lost in their first game in every single one of them. Even the Bengals, who have gone longer without a post-season win actually have fewer playoff appearances. More surprisingly, 4 of the 7 losses were to the Colts despite being favored in several of the contests.

Their streak is more interesting, more unlikely and therefore the most hilarious.
                            Their last game was their best chance to end the streak. They go up 38-10 in the 3rd quarter. They had a 99% win probability at that point in the game. Playoff wins are just not meant to be in Kansas City.

Comment

Chiefs, because to make the playoffs and choke each time. And in impressive fashion (no 1st downs for 3 quarters, lose after being up 38-10). It's funny.

Not the Chargers have made the SB and have had some playoff wins and success (and owned us for a few years before Peyton's arrival)

Not the raiders, because at this point they are the joke of the entire NFL, it's like making fun of a crippled kid at this point.

Comment

Working...
                              X