Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kizla: McDaniels was better at drafting players than Elway

Discuss the quote in the following link:

The NFL draft builds the foundation and establishes the personality of a team. Scouting is tedious work, best suited for football geeks, which might help explain why Josh McDaniels was better at drafting players than Elway.

Read more: Kiszla: Denver Broncos need the NFL draft to provide super boost - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_...#ixzz2yjns7Iq7
    Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
    Follow us: @Denverpost on Twitter | Denverpost on Facebook

Richard Quinn.

Alphsonso Smith.

Comment

This is pretty well why I stopped reading Kiszla over a decade ago. It's provocation for the sake of provocation. It's not like he's serious about getting to the bottom of this question. He just knows that if he provokes people, he keeps his job.

Comment

Hey, let's try to say something controversial to increase our site traffic.

Seriously, what are Elway's equivalents to Tim Tebow, Richard Quinn, and Alphonso Smith?

McDaniels used his 1st 3 1st rounders on Moreno, Ayers and the Phonz. None of those guys are on the team anymore. And then used another 1st rounder on Tebow. Who is not in the league anymore. And IIRC, traded into the 2nd for Quinn who was out of the league last year.
        Last edited by BroncosfanGuy; 04-12-2014, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Taco John View Post
          This is pretty well why I stopped reading Kiszla over a decade ago. It's provocation for the sake of provocation. It's not like he's serious about getting to the bottom of this question. He just knows that if he provokes people, he keeps his job.
          agreed

Comment

The sad thing is he knows people consider him a joke and it's like he is daring the post to fire him. All the while decent writers like legwold and even Lindsay jones are walking away.

Sad he gets to have his crap put in print.

Comment

Last time I checked Julius Thomas, Orlando Franklin, Rahim Moore, Von Miller, Chris Harris, Danny Trevathan, Malik Jackson, Derek Wolfe, and Montee Ball were pretty good. That's 9 starting caliber guys out of the last 3 drafts, not even including guys like Sylvester Williams and Kayvon Webster, who could develop into starters this year.

They should be able to get 3 starters out of this draft too. I've questioned some of the picks, but to say McDaniels (one of the worst coach/gm in the history of the NFL) is better...even with the 5 1st round picks he had...is ridiculous.

Not to mention Elway has killed FA like no other GM in history.

Comment

Yep, that's Kizsla.

Comment

I will not even look at that BS. The implication that McDaniels is better at drafting is nonsense.
                  Most of the guys he drafted aren't even with the team anymore.

Comment

Hey, isn't this a duplicate of the "Things that piss you off" thread.

Comment

Originally posted by pricejj View Post
                      Last time I checked Julius Thomas, Orlando Franklin, Rahim Moore, Von Miller, Chris Harris, Danny Trevathan, Malik Jackson, Derek Wolfe, and Montee Ball were pretty good. That's 9 starting caliber guys out of the last 3 drafts, not even including guys like Sylvester Williams and Kayvon Webster, who could develop into starters this year.

They should be able to get 3 starters out of this draft too. I've questioned some of the picks, but to say McDaniels (one of the worst coach/gm in the history of the NFL) is better...even with the 5 1st round picks he had...is ridiculous.

Not to mention Elway has killed FA like no other GM in history.
                      Yeah, but gotdang Price that was a nasty kickass. The moves have to get redemption. I'd say it will take two Lombardi's in a row to redeem from that ass kicking.

Comment

This question can't even be answered because the sample size is so minuscule that to even ask the question is absurd.

Comment

Kiszla will be Kiszla.

Comment

This question can't even be answered because the sample size is so minuscule that to even ask the question is absurd.
                            Oh it can be answered.
                            4 first round picks under McDaniels, 4 second round picks
                            Just 1 remains on the team. 19 picks were made under McDaniels.
                            2 total remain with the Broncos. Only 1 is a pro bowler.
                            Thomas is it. Bruton is a ace special teamer but nothing more.

The potential for that type of failure is so minute that it is borderline impossible and yet he achieved this feat.

Comment

What kind of $h!t is Kizla smoking? It must be the best $h!t in the Efffing world.

Comment

Working...
                              X