Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Donte Moncrief to visit with Broncos next week.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donte Moncrief to visit with Broncos next week.

Gil Brandt ‏@Gil_Brandt 1h
    #OleMiss WR Donte Moncrief will work out for #Broncos and #Dolphins next week.

I assume at some point in the draft a WR will be picked up.

My guess, if the players are there, the draft will turn out like this.

1.CB
    2. MLB
    3. WR
    4 G/C

Comment

Good.

Comment

He seems to be a lot like Thomas coming out of college. Simple routes trees, streaks, unrefined ability but a lot of potential.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Denver go after Lattimer from Indiana. Very similar physical ability to Eric Decker, more refined receiver who could help them right away.

Comment

Originally posted by HILife View Post
          I assume at some point in the draft a WR will be picked up.

My guess, if the players are there, the draft will turn out like this.

1.CB
          2. MLB
          3. WR
          4 G/C
          Swap G/C with MLB, and that would be where i think we go.

Comment

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/...ief?id=2543614

Comment

Somebody mocked him and drafted him..

Great call MED!
              Last edited by BMORE; 04-11-2014, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
                Swap G/C with MLB, and that would be where i think we go.

I agree.

Dakota D or Gabe at 2. and a Guy like Christian Jones or Avery williams at MLB in the 4th.

Comment

Originally posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
                  Gil Brandt ‏@Gil_Brandt 1h
                  #OleMiss WR Donte Moncrief will work out for #Broncos and #Dolphins next week.
                  http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profil...ief?id=2543614

Overview

2013: Started in all 13 games. 2012: Played in all 13 games and made 12 starts. 2011: Started all 12 games as a freshman. Led team in receptions (31), receiving yards (454), receiving touchdowns (4).
                  Analysis
                  Strengths
                  Terrific size. Smooth accelerator -- jets off the line, eliminates cushion and has speed to stretch the field vertically. Good balance and body control. Can stem his pattern and leverage defenders. Drives off cornerbacks and creates separation. Knows where the sticks are. Outstanding leaping ability to elevate and pluck throws out of the air. Flashes playmaking ability. Able to sidestep the first tackler and pick up chunk yards after the catch. Gives effort as a blocker to engage and seal. Has experience going head-to-head with NFL-caliber cornerbacks. Will be a 21-year-old rookie and has upside.
                  Weaknesses
                  Needs to sharpen his route running. Inconsistent ball reactions, particularly in traffic -- better running through or under passes. Does not always play to his size -- gets outmuscled for "50-50" balls and is still coming into his own as a dependable go-up-and-get-it guy. Average hand strength. Tends to trap some throws against his body and occasionally drops catchable balls. Could be more physical. Average elusiveness and open-field electricity. Showed he could be contained -- seven games of 60 yards or less as a junior.
                  Draft Projection
                  Rounds 1-2
                  Bottom Line
                  Big, physically gifted “X” receiver with deep speed, “above-the-rim” potential and playmaking ability. Has a ceiling as a No. 1 or No. 2 in a vertical passing offense, and his best football is in front him. Likely to elevate his stock at the combine and in workouts.
                  -Nolan Nawrocki

6'2" Height
                  32 3/8" Arm Length
                  221LBS. Weight
                  9 1/8" Hands

Comment

There ain't no way in tarnation that Moncrief is falling to #63.

Comment

Originally posted by pricejj View Post
                      You'd be surprised, a run on QBs and other players. I got him in the third round of our mock!

Comment

Players fall every year. WR is loaded. I highly doubt teams are going to gobble up all the good WR before the 98th pick in the draft (end of 3rd rd roughly)

The draft is deep. Lots of good CBs, Qbs, WRs, LBs, T, Safties....Then you have the RBs and DL too. Good players with first and high second rd grades are going to make it to rds 3 and 4 this year.

Comment

Originally posted by BMORE View Post
                          You'd be surprised, a run on QBs and other players. I got him in the third round of our mock!
                          He might last at 63, unlikely but ZERO SHOT he's there when we pick in the 3rd.

Comment

at 63 take him

Comment

Originally posted by pricejj View Post
                              Wouldn't shock me if he fell to the 3rd. He's big, he's fast but he doesn't play up to those skills on the field and leaves a lot to be desired in the "go up and get it" field.

Comment

Working...
                              X