Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the Bills leave the city of Buffalo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will the Bills leave the city of Buffalo?

Recently the owner of the Buffalo Bills, Ralph Wilson, died at the age of 95. His wife will take sole possession of the NFL franchise but rumors speculate that the football club will change ownership.

Article link:
    http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=10756383

If the team is moved what city adopts the Bills? They're an original AFL team it would be weird not having a team in Buffalo despite the town being a ****hole.

Just don't see it happening any time soon, It would be easier to move the Rams or Raiders to LA without screwing up the divisions

Comment

Toronto?

Comment

I could see that, they've already established a small fan base up there from playing an annual game up there. Didn't even think of that.

Comment

It’s not a ****hole. Gritty, blue collar, yes. I’m born and bred in Rochester. Good folks up there, and Buffalo’s got a sneaky cool urban set up.

Comment

It'll be a sad day if they have to leave Buffalo. I guess Cincinnati, San Diego, Detroit, Jacksonville and Carolina should forfeit their teams as well.

We could move them to Toronto, San Antonio, Los Angeles, Mexico City, London and Toronto. Wouldn't that be great for the NFL?
            Last edited by Guess Who; 04-11-2014, 03:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Guess Who View Post
              It'll be a sad day if they have to leave Buffalo. I guess Cincinnati, San Diego, Detroit, Jacksonville and Carolina should forfeit their teams as well.

We could move them to Toronto, San Antonio, Los Angeles, Mexico City, London and Toronto. Wouldn't that be great for the NFL?
              What are you rambling about? Did you even read anything?

Comment

Originally posted by Flacko View Post
                What are you rambling about? Did you even read anything?
                Why would I have to read anything? The Question of the thread is "WILL THE BILLS LEAVE THE CITY OF BUFFALO"

I just responded to the question put forth.

Comment

I would not be surprised to see them move at some point. Buffalo is a limited market and the stadium needs a big overhaul soon. If someone buys up the team and can't get a shiny new stadium from the city or state I think they will be on the market looking for a move. I think the most logical places would be in the Eastern or Central time zones, I just don't see them making the cross continent move to California.

Comment

Originally posted by TD4HOF View Post
                    It’s not a ****hole. Gritty, blue collar, yes. I’m born and bred in Rochester. Good folks up there, and Buffalo’s got a sneaky cool urban set up.
                    loluffalo, upstate NY has been dead for 20 years.... Mom's family is from Finger Lakes and we just moved from Capital region so I'm familiar with the state. Some areas are pretty but winters of full of loss.

Comment

they are locked into a 7 year lease with Ralph Wilson Stadium, and word is that Lease is not able to be broken, so they have at least that long.

They won't move- the last game I was at, half the people there were Canadians who love to come down, tailgate, party, etc. So they get a ton of support from up north- plus the game they played in Toronto did not do well, the Canadians want to come across the border for the real experience.

They do need a stadium, badly, and they need to win. That stadium, although I have fond memories, is a **** hole. They need to build it downtown or on the waterfront- Orchard Park is great and all, and the people are the best, but why have an NFL stadium in the suburbs?

I Manuel pans out and they can make the playoffs a few times, I think WNY will be reinvigorated with the Bills-

Its funny, living there in the 90's during the Kelly, Reed, Thomas and Smith era feels alot like being in Denver now with Manning, DT, Miller, etc... exciting and end game competitive-
                      Last edited by B-Large; 04-11-2014, 07:02 AM.

Comment

the last rumor I read had Jon Bon Jovi getting a group together to buy the Bills.

Comment

Leave Buffalo alone!!

Comment

Toronto makes a lot of sense but I'm pretty sure the taxation issue is what is holding the Bills back from moving to Toronto. The NFL is claiming it wants to be more international so this would be a nice first step, instead of moving a team to England. But I'm pretty sure that the Canadian taxes make a professional team unappealing, not only for ownership, but for the players as well.

Comment

Can't believe that Ralph didn't put a better plan in pace for the ownership of the Bills.

The dude was 95 and his plan was to leave it to his wife and her interpretations of his wishes?

Comment

Working...
                              X