No announcement yet.

OT: rooftop at Coors Field

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Monfort family wants Coors Field to be the nicest stadium in the league and they spend top dollar to make it that way, as an overall experience. They are good business people. They know that people will keep filling the stadium regardless of how well the team plays. Smart. But don't kid yourself, winning is a distant second.

Comment

Originally posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
      The Monfort family wants Coors Field to be the nicest stadium in the league and they spend top dollar to make it that way, as an overall experience. They are good business people. They know that people will keep filling the stadium regardless of how well the team plays. Smart. But don't kid yourself, winning is a distant second.
      I will say they have somewhat tried. I mean heck, they went to the World Series in 2007 and have had pretty decent teams here lately.

The number one factor has been injuries and pitching. The Rockies will ALWAYS have pitching problems. The park is MASSIVE and the ball carries extremely well. Either die by singles or homeruns.

Also, Coors Field original capacity was something like 50,000, which is freakin massive for a baseball team that didn't have anything going for it really in terms of success. Heck, its 2nd in average capacity according to this: MLB Average Capacity of Stadiums

Comment

Iforgotmypassword, Congrats bro!

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by iforgotmypassword View Post
            I've got way too much traveling to do for a kid anytime soon... hell, I can't get myself to get a dog. Man it would be awesome to never have kids. I could work at a seven-eleven and be rich.
            I'm right there with ya.

Comment

Originally posted by iforgotmypassword View Post
              I know a lot of people don't care about all these pics and my personal life..... But I've been treating this board a lot less like a source of Broncos information and more like a community discussion board and I've gotten way more enjoyment out of it. So last but not least.... My new bronco swag I picked up on the trip.

[ATTACH]34292[/ATTACH]

It's ****ing awesome....50 bucks, and it's like twice as big as it looks there.... She's stuck with me... Giant action figure display and all.
              FYI....this thing is a bitch to dust....or is my wife a bitch that dusts? .... I digress...

Comment

Working...
              X