Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd Year Breakout Players

Sylvester Williams, DT, Denver Broncos
    Williams didn't have a ton of experience coming into the NFL, with just two years of major college football under his belt, and he didn't exactly sprint out of the gate last season. But he picked it up as things went along, starting the final seven games, including all three postseason contests. Williams was lights-out at times. He's very quick and disruptive, and he makes great use of his hands. The competitive defender never stops. I think he'll be a big factor for the Broncos' defense this fall, based on what I saw at the end of last season.

Projection for 2014: 3.5 sacks.

Follow Gil Brandt on Twitter @Gil_Brandt.

Brandt with his top 10 list below. I personally would include Monte Ball. I think he is going to have a big season for us.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...writers_brandt

I could see alot of our class next year have good years.

Webster, Quantarus, McCray, possibly Painter.

Comment

Von Miller. Are we really going to count last year as anything for the guy. He'll be back with a chip next year.

I think Monte could have a nice year also, hope we look to run more then we did last year. We've got to become a more physical offense.

Comment

If Sly really concentrates on his core and stamina this offseason, he could become an impact player. It's a big jump, but he definitely showed some real ability in spurts last year. Will it happen? That's up to him.

Comment

Originally posted by ZONA View Post
          Von Miller. Are we really going to count last year as anything for the guy. He'll be back with a chip next year.

I think Monte could have a nice year also, hope we look to run more then we did last year. We've got to become a more physical offense.
          Definitely it's Miller time; Will he do what it takes to be a force in the NFL or will he go the way of so many other players with off the charts physical skills but no desire to excel.

Comment

Sly,Ball,Q and Webster should have big time jumps in their play this year.
            I have said it many times but I don't think Sly is giving up his starting position.

Comment

There's only 2 things about Von that would give a little worry. How his knee heals and will or will not affect him, and his off field stuff. I don't get how people think he was so bad last year when he was on the field. The guy graded out to be the best 4-3 OLB in the league. No one graded better. I'll take a +40 grade anyday.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...afc-ir-report/

Comment

We have some great young talent poised to either take the next step or fall into the sophmore slump.

I think Sly will make that move as he did come on the more he played, Ball should progress because he is a consistent player who got the message early when he fumbled those 2 balls.

Not sure about Webster, he plain looked lost out there at times like the game was too big for him.

I have heard Painters name thrown around so there is a plus, not sure where he would be able to see time but it is nice to have depth on the OL.

I am hoping there is a guy who was on the IR that makes an impact this year (McCray or Smith on D) or a guy they have had in the system they have been developing on the PS like CJ Anderson, who most here hate for some reason.

Comment

Well I hope Webster picks it up this year. I think he's going to play alot of snaps for us. He is projected to be the outside corner next year. He started off well but kinda hit a rookie wall last year

Comment

Sly for sure and we passed on Eddie Lacey for Monti Ball **** you very much Elway

Comment

Originally posted by Punisher View Post
                      Sly for sure and we passed on Eddie Lacey for Monti Ball **** you very much Elway
                      Yep, screw him for taking the better RB

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdawg26 View Post
                        Well I hope Webster picks it up this year. I think he's going to play alot of snaps for us. He is projected to be the outside corner next year. He started off well but kinda hit a rookie wall last year
                        I agree. I thought he was in position to make plays a lot but lacked ball skills to make them. Let's hope he makes a big jump and he will definately get his chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Punisher View Post
                          Haven't you heard? Ball is far superior to Lacy. His 120 carries last year proved that without a shadow of a doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
                            There's only 2 things about Von that would give a little worry. How his knee heals and will or will not affect him, and his off field stuff. I don't get how people think he was so bad last year when he was on the field. The guy graded out to be the best 4-3 OLB in the league. No one graded better. I'll take a +40 grade anyday.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...afc-ir-report/
                            I agree. While he didn't get a slew of sacks in his limited time, he was still a force. But I think he will be back with a chip because of the suspension and then the injury and all the negative rep (which was deserved).

Comment

Originally posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
                              Yep, screw him for taking the better RB
                              Ball is going to have to bring it for me to believe that. I love Ball and hope he is the next TD for us or better. But there is no way anyone can state that with a straight face, either before the draft or now.

Comment

Working...
                              X