Clear All

• NFL Preseason Schedule Announced

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...eason-schedule

Week 1: Seattle Seahawks
    Week 2: at San Francisco 49ers
    Week 3: Houston Texans
    Aug. 28: at Dallas Cowboys

Let me be the first to say WTF??

We play 2 teams we're supposed to play in the reg. season??

Where are the Cards? I thought we have to play the Cards in the preseason every year?

Comment

Very strange to see two teams we will face again later in the year? Why not just make preseason against the division rivals… jeesh.

Comment

Since 2002 teams do a lot of their own negotiation for preseason matchups. However with Seattle and the 49ers in the preseason this pretty much rules out either one of those teams for the opener. Since Denver never plays afternoon home openers due to CBS's coverage of the US Open - we're either going to start on the road or host Indy on Sunday (which would also be great). I'm sure the NFL wants to put Denver in a prime time slot on its opening weekend - so maybe it'll be one of those super late (at least for east coasters) Monday nighters?

There is a long list of rules that the league supposedly uses on wikipedia - but I'm not sure about its accuracy.
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationa...ague_preseason

Comment

First year in forever we don't play the Cardinals in the preseason.

As Binky pointed out, this means either a MNF opening against a playoff team like the Colts or Chargers, or we're going to play on the road. It is unlikely we'll play the Niners or the Seahawks, but not impossible. I could also see us going to New England for SNF.

Comment

We have had 3 yrs in a row @home I bet we are on the road this year hello NE

Comment

I know distance traveled has a lot to do with these preseason games, but it's still weird to me that we are playing Seattle and San Fran in the preseason when we see them again in the regular season....Houston and Dallas make sense, the other 2 really don't to me.

Comment

the broncos almost always play the Seahawks and 49ers in the preseason....

Comment

Originally posted by crush17 View Post

Goodell making another audacious grab for TV ratings, and I bet it works. That was a bold move and it should be very interesting how the three teams handle the situation. Wow, this is gonna be fun to watch this season with those matchups from the get go. This could be epic. The Broncos have to look at it as a challenge, they're getting challenged right off the bat, and they have to come out tough. Nice. Elway added some toughness on D, a full slate of draft picks, this is gonna be a battle.

Comment

Originally posted by crush17 View Post

You could also be the last to care

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                      First year in forever we don't play the Cardinals in the preseason.

As Binky pointed out, this means either a MNF opening against a playoff team like the Colts or Chargers, or we're going to play on the road. It is unlikely we'll play the Niners or the Seahawks, but not impossible. I could also see us going to New England for SNF.
                      I've been thinking we'll host the colts on the Sunday night opener for a while. I think it looks like a stronger possibility now. Wouldn't mind that late MNF slot hosting a division rival either. I would assume this also means the Seahawks and Niner games will be in the second half of the season.

Comment

I heard we were even trying to line up some scrimmages against the Seahawks leading into that game.

Comment

Originally posted by ZONA View Post
                          I heard we were even trying to line up some scrimmages against the Seahawks leading into that game.
                          I think it was actually SF they were trying to scrimmage against, not SEA.

Comment

Originally posted by Cito Pelon View Post
                            Goodell making another audacious grab for TV ratings, and I bet it works. That was a bold move and it should be very interesting how the three teams handle the situation. Wow, this is gonna be fun to watch this season with those matchups from the get go. This could be epic. The Broncos have to look at it as a challenge, they're getting challenged right off the bat, and they have to come out tough. Nice. Elway added some toughness on D, a full slate of draft picks, this is gonna be a battle.
                            it's preseason...

Comment

2 teams we play in the regular season, and no Cards. Ok?

Comment

Working...
                              X