Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nike increases NFL jersey prices

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...es-nfl-jerseys

The Game jersey, which is the cheapest replica, will still cost $100. But the price of the Limited jersey, which has embroidered twill numbers and letters in place of the silicon printing on the Game jersey, has jumped from $135 to $150. The Elite jersey, which is the closest to what the players wear on the field and boasts being water repellent and has a tighter, tailored fit to the body, went up nearly 20 percent to $295, up from $250.

and the black market for jerseys rejoiced!

Comment

I used to buy the replica practice jerseys for $50. Now this was 15 years ago. Are these the same material and style or they just went up $50 over that same time? If so, no way I pay that type of money for what you get.

Comment

I ain't buying any. Got my Rod Smith "Elite" jersey several years ago and am just fine with that being my only one.

Comment

Originally posted by crush17 View Post
          http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...es-nfl-jerseys

The Game jersey, which is the cheapest replica, will still cost $100. But the price of the Limited jersey, which has embroidered twill numbers and letters in place of the silicon printing on the Game jersey, has jumped from $135 to $150. The Elite jersey, which is the closest to what the players wear on the field and boasts being water repellent and has a tighter, tailored fit to the body, went up nearly 20 percent to $295, up from $250.
          That is a lie, I buy all my brand new jerseys for $18. When did The NFL move to China though?

Comment

I've turned my attention to other type of stuff like game worn practice jerseys and stuff--just a bit of novelty, I guess. They're still reasonably priced:

Comment

Jersey's suck anyway. I'm more about cool team hats and T-shirts that have Broncos logo's. I'm staying away from Jersey's with names and numbers. That's a fools games.

Comment

What a rip-off...

Comment

Originally posted by ZONA View Post
                  Jersey's suck anyway. I'm more about cool team hats and T-shirts that have Broncos logo's. I'm staying away from Jersey's with names and numbers. That's a fools games.
                  ehh, stick with the retired players or the ones you know will be in the ring of fame. i think you're good if you go that route.

anyways, people always give me compliments when i wear my Mecklenburg or Atwater throwback jerseys here in Dallas.

and yes, i wear my throwback jerseys. a jersey should be worn, not hung on the wall. anyways... who wants frame a $20 jersey.

Comment

That's what y'all get for asking for a salary cap increase.

Comment

I'll keep giving the sketchy guys down at the flea market my hard earned cash for the one or two jerseys I buy every year. Sure, they're probably made in grueling sweatshops in some horrid, dark, feces-covered shanty in southeast Asia, but damn, $50 for a stitched jersey?
                      F-yeah!

Comment

Working...
                      X