Best 90s Songs: What's Your Top 10?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheReverend View Post
    Everyone knows the 90s were the last decade that good music was created, so in memory of one of the now deceased arts, what's YOUR top 10 songs of the 1990s?

#10 - Basketcase - Green Day (I just LOVED this song )
    #9 - Would? - Alice in Chains
    #8 - Falling to Pieces - Faith no More
    #7 - Tonight, Tonight - Smashing Pumpkins
    #6 - Thunderstruck - AC/DC
    #5 - Interstate Love Song - Stone Temple Pilots
    #4 - Sabotage - Beastie Boys
    #3 - 46&2 - Tool
    #2 - Aenema - Tool
    #1 - Black Hole Sun - Soundgarden

^ I was disappointed that was Cult of Personality was 88 and didn't qualify.
    This is going to take some thought and free hands. (Driving right now) ^Aenema by tool and man in the box by Alice in Chains immediately come to mind.

Comment

this might be impossible for me... I will try later.

Comment

Originally posted by TheReverend View Post
        Dude. Look at the road.
        It may already be too late.

Comment

Grunge is the mCd of music.

Comment

Not in any particular order, but the ten that come to mind as I consider the question:

Soundgarden - Blow Up the Outside World
            <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ieOq3UleTJQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tool - Sober
            <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/GqmRDV0a_70" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tool - Eulogy
            <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/vtJ2f8_lfn4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
            (I could fill this entire list out with Tool songs, but these were the two that influenced me the most and started my lifelong love affair with Tool)

Faith No More - Land of Sunshine
            <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ezAoxiLQRd0?list=PL6AEB5F930F0F1FC6" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
            (I could list others, but I think this song is pretty good representative for FNM's Angel Dust album)

Nine Inch Nails - Terrible Lie
            <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/5qf_Bw4kAZo?list=PL59153D53876E50E4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
            (This is actually an 1989 song, but I didn't discover it until 1994, so I'm counting it...)

Nine Inch Nails - Closer
            <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/PTFwQP86BRs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
            <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/hTWKbfoikeg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
            (I don't care how cliche it is to post this song, or how much anyone wants to downplay its importance - this song blew up the old order and set the stage for something new)

Temple Of The Dog - Hunger Strike
            <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/VUb450Alpps" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
            (Vedder and Cornell together? Are you kidding me? The tragedy is we didn't get more)

The Toadies - Possum Kingdom
            <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/EkwD5rQ-_d4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Alice in Chains - Jar of Flies
            <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/cIvFKkcT_cs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
            (I refuse to pick one song because the whole album is so integrated that you can't really single one out. If I was forced to pick only one album of the 90's to listen to for the rest of my life, this would be it.)

Comment

Originally posted by Flacko View Post
              It may already be too late.
              RIP

Comment

Off of the top of my head these are the songs I remember I liked in the 90's.

10. Smells like Teen Spirit - Nirvana
                9. One - U2
                8. One Headlight - Wallflowers
                7. Swamp Song - Tool
                6. Californication - Red Hot Chili Peppers
                5. The Beautiful People - Marilyn Manson
                4. 3 AM - Matchbox Twenty
                3. The Reflecting God - Marilyn Manson
                2. Push Matchbox Twenty
                1. Otherside - Red Hot Chili Peppers

Comment

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/1rcYBP0FdL8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

Not Necessarily in any order:

Sponge - Plowed
                    STP - Interstate Love Song
                    BB - Sabotage
                    Goo Goo Dolls - Long Way Down
                    Collective Soul - Shine
                    Reel Big Fish - Beer
                    Seal - Crazy

More when I think of them

Comment

I'm not ranking them, just my random top 10 90's songs:

Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
                      Nirvana - The Man Who Sold The World (David Bowie cover)
                      Nirvana - Drain You
                      The Breeders - Cannonball
                      NIN - Head Like a Hole. I know, technically not 90's, but didn't get popular till the 90's
                      Alice In Chains - Down In A Hole
                      Foo Fighters - Everlong
                      Social Distortion - Ball and Chain - Not sure if that fits in "Grunge", but that whole album is fantastic
                      Weezer - Say It Ain't So
                      Smashing Pumpkins - Today

I still feel the best music came out of the 70's and 90's. There are some 00's bands I like. I really liked AFI until they started writing music for moody 14 year old girls.
                      Last edited by Powderaddict; 04-04-2014, 02:45 PM.

Comment

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/rKPicUnsPPg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

Originally posted by Taco John View Post
                          (I refuse to pick one song because the whole album is so integrated that you can't really single one out. If I was forced to pick only one album of the 90's to listen to for the rest of my life, this would be it.)
                          I LOVE Jar of Flies. It's one of my favorite albums to listen to when on a long motorcycle ride.

I didn't include any songs from it on my top 10 list because I could't pick my favorite off the album.

Comment

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/xp7svl4l5Dk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/XkfO8c8MlKU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/eBB2OS4IoTs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

Working...
                                X