Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5 years ago Orton became a Bronco

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 5 years ago Orton became a Bronco

    I remember how pissed I was that the frown cannon was shown the door for a journeyman. I was ok with Denver trading Jay because I never thought he was a guy who you could win with in the first place. The issue I had with the trade was no real QB to replace him and it sure wasn't going to be Orton. Well had the trade not gone down Denver fans would of turned on Jay many years ago and Denver would be handcuffed with no Manning and probably a 15 mil or more hole with Jay Cutler at the helm. The picks Denver from the trade were blown but the real reason for winning the trade is Denver isn't giving a huge contract to a mediocre QB.

  • #2
    We still have DT from one of the firsts from the Cutler trade, but I think that is all that is left.

    Comment


    • #3
      Kyle Orton reminded me Brian Griese in all the worst ways: Totally immobile. Very easy to sack - almost eager to be sacked. Drunk. Surprisingly accurate and mind-numbingly boring to watch play football.

      I feel bad for Orton, though. He didn't ask to be traded and the day he was he drove his car down to Denver to meet his new teammates and begin practicing with them immediately. He instantly became one of the faces of the changes everyone hated - and received too much hate for doing next to nothing wrong.

      He wasn't Cutler, so people hated him. He was a McDaniels selection, so by association they hated him more. He kept Tebow on the bench, so Teboners REALLY hated him. And he kind of sucked at football and the team sucked, so Bronco fans in general hated him. I felt bad for Kyle Orton. And if you feel bad for your QB every week, you know things are terrible.

      I'm still mad at him for just dropping that fumble on MNF when he had a wide open Julius Thomas which directly led to us losing to the Raiders.

      Comment


      • #4
        Orton is, and always shall be...

        A tennis lesbian.

        Comment


        • #5
          Griese > Orton...

          Comment


          • #6
            is this another Quoydogs thread?

            Comment


            • #7
              I would rather get kicked in the shin 100 times than relive the memories of that painful day.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by bronco militia View Post
                is this another Quoydogs thread?
                WTF man


                You go straight to hell for even saying that name again. Orton is the worst QB to ever play for this team..Well maybe Simms

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
                  I remember how pissed I was that the frown cannon was shown the door for a journeyman. I was ok with Denver trading Jay because I never thought he was a guy who you could win with in the first place. The issue I had with the trade was no real QB to replace him and it sure wasn't going to be Orton. Well had the trade not gone down Denver fans would of turned on Jay many years ago and Denver would be handcuffed with no Manning and probably a 15 mil or more hole with Jay Cutler at the helm. The picks Denver from the trade were blown but the real reason for winning the trade is Denver isn't giving a huge contract to a mediocre QB.



                  It was the beginning of the end for Mcdumbass. Imagine that, almost 4 months into his Broncos coaching career and he should have been fired the same day as the big trade.

                  thank god it all worked out in the end.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Quoydogs View Post
                    WTF man


                    You go straight to hell for even saying that name again. Orton is the worst QB to ever play for this team..Well maybe Simms

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      While we are going down memory lane, does anyone remember the fake punt the Redskins completed on us when Simms was the starter?

                      I remember because the Redskins lined up to fake it so we had to call a timeout. After the TO they lined up again to fake it and we still weren't ready for it.

                      lulz

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Another McDipshyt move that will enshrine him as the worst coach in Broncos history

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Br0nc0Buster View Post
                          While we are going down memory lane, does anyone remember the fake punt the Redskins completed on us when Simms was the starter?

                          I remember because the Redskins lined up to fake it so we had to call a timeout. After the TO they lined up again to fake it and we still weren't ready for it.

                          lulz
                          haha though its silly to assign a singular moment that signals a demise, I think that might have been the one. For all of McD's odd decisions, he did start that season 6-0. After dropping two, the Redskins game was the one to get the Broncos back on track. They completely showed their hand that play and the Broncos still weren't prepared for it. It was all downhill from there.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                            Kyle Orton reminded me Brian Griese in all the worst ways: Totally immobile. Very easy to sack - almost eager to be sacked. Drunk. Surprisingly accurate and mind-numbingly boring to watch play football.

                            I feel bad for Orton, though. He didn't ask to be traded and the day he was he drove his car down to Denver to meet his new teammates and begin practicing with them immediately. He instantly became one of the faces of the changes everyone hated - and received too much hate for doing next to nothing wrong.

                            He wasn't Cutler, so people hated him. He was a McDaniels selection, so by association they hated him more. He kept Tebow on the bench, so Teboners REALLY hated him. And he kind of sucked at football and the team sucked, so Bronco fans in general hated him. I felt bad for Kyle Orton. And if you feel bad for your QB every week, you know things are terrible.

                            I'm still mad at him for just dropping that fumble on MNF when he had a wide open Julius Thomas which directly led to us losing to the Raiders.
                            i didn't hate him because of cutler, mcd or tebow. i hate him because he was orton. watching him is painful. the way he carries himself on the field. that goofy haircut. his demeanor. most importantly, he can't win and when it counts he crumbles. that guy was great moving the ball between the 20, but once he is in the redzone, the guy just chokes. think about it, he got benched for tebow. c'mon, really?

                            you're correct about the pocket presence or lack of. the guy would walk into sacks. once dline has a finger on him, he will never try to elude or fight off, he would just fall into the fetal position. next thing you know, its 2nd and goal from the opponents 23yrd line.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Orton started off ok, but buy the end he was a broken man. I liked him at first, he was eager, had a decent arm, and was accurate. But by his final season, I really wanted him gone.

                              I hated watching him that last season. He had no energy, and you could tell he was miserable. It infected the whole team. He would walk out to the field and just mope.

                              I grew to dislike him more than any other starting QB that I have ever watched play for the Broncos. He was the first and only Bronco player I had to restrain myself from booing (I refuse to boo my team). I can forgive a lack of talent. I can't forgive a lack of heart. He had no heart.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X