Robert Ayers to the Giants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert Ayers to the Giants

Giants agreed to terms with DE Robert Ayers on a two-year contract.
    With Justin Tuck now in Oakland, the Giants were looking for some depth off the edge. They find it in the form of Ayers, a 28-year-old who notched 12 sacks across five seasons as a rotational player for the Broncos. As a solid run defender, he'll push Mathias Kiwanuka and Damontre Moore for snaps opposite Jason Pierre-Paul.

Comment

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I wanted one of these threads

Comment

I just have a feeling that that defense is going to develop him and turn him into a beast.

Comment

I tried posting this at 10 something this morning from my phone. I opened my browser and it said network fail so I het refresh and then it sent. Please be gentle on my bum hole.

Comment

Originally posted by DBroncos4life View Post
                I tried posting this at 10 something this morning from my phone. I opened my browser and it said network fail so I het refresh and then it sent. Please be gentle on my bum hole.
                Only if you delete it...

until then I am waiting for Quoydogs in the next few weeks to start this type of thread.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
                  I just have a feeling that that defense is going to develop him and turn him into a beast.
                  Hard to be a beast when you only have one move and tire yourself out using the same bull rush move over and over ending up in taking yourself out of plays because your too tired.

Now if he could learn 3 moves and use his leverage and strength better then sure he could be much more productive.

The NFL needs edge-stetters (i.e. ditch diggers) too, he was great vs the run but most of his sacks came from coverage or a QB running into him.

Another mCd mistake for where he was taken, had we taken him even in the 2nd (would have preferred 3rd thought) round he would have been decent value. I just expect more from guys picked that high rather than just being content they are on the team or depth.

Plus it didn't help him that mCd used him out of position in the 3-4. He was much better as a DE in the 4-3. Another guy I wish well but am glad they are gone.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
                    hahahahahaha at Ayers and beast in the same sentence!

Comment

Originally posted by broncocalijohn View Post
                      Only if you delete it...

until then I am waiting for Quoydogs in the next few weeks to start this type of thread.
                      It can't be done lok

Comment

Originally posted by Heyneck View Post
                        hahahahahaha at Ayers and beast in the same sentence!
                        He actually had a damn good year for us as a rotational player. One of the most productive players on D. Sucks to lose him for so cheap. Guess we have a lot of faith in Smith and McCray.

Comment

I think we should trade our entire draft for Damontre Moore.

Comment

Originally posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
                            One of the most productive players on D
                            Based on what? I am not trolling you, I am being serious. He was ok, but I seriously want to know what made him one of the most productive players on D.

Comment

Yup. It was time to move on from him. He was given more then several chances and it just turned out he's a solid player but nothing special. Pretty decent all around player but just doesn't do anything at the highest level. Not a difference maker. Might as roll the dice on somebody else.

Comment

Working...
                              X