Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The drinking thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    I drink a lot of higher end stuff, because I do not need much anymore!

    A personal Favorite is a St Germain Cocktail. The bartenders should know it, but most people have never heard of it. I like it on New years eve since the champagne is already flowing that night. But it is one of the most refreshing drinks I have ever had....

    2 parts Champagne or dry White wine
    2 parts St. Germain
    2 parts club soda or sparkling water
    Fresh lemon twist

    I substitute 7up or Sprite for the club soda and I add a lime twist as well

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by itswutz4dinna View Post
      Why would you taint that with ice cubes? I usually go with the Ardbeg 10 myself but the Lagavulin 16 and Laphroaig 10 are great as well.
      Love that peat-y single malt scotch. The huge ice cubes chill the drink, but the smaller surface area (compared to smaller cubes or crushed ice) keeps the whiskey from getting too watery too fast.



      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by Bronc0guy View Post
        I usually wouldn't mix crown with anything, last night was just a spontaneous cookout and that's what was available. I live about 10 miles from town and didn't feel like making the drive. Wasn't a whiskey on the rocks kinda night.
        I know a dude who swears by Crowntain Dew.

        Never tried it yet. Or the Blessed Dew with any whiskey. I need to dew that one of these days.

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by Mediator12 View Post
          I drink a lot of higher end stuff, because I do not need much anymore!

          A personal Favorite is a St Germain Cocktail. The bartenders should know it, but most people have never heard of it. I like it on New years eve since the champagne is already flowing that night. But it is one of the most refreshing drinks I have ever had....

          2 parts Champagne or dry White wine
          2 parts St. Germain
          2 parts club soda or sparkling water
          Fresh lemon twist

          I substitute 7up or Sprite for the club soda and I add a lime twist as well
          St. Germain is a great liqueur. when making drinks that call for club soda I usually always add a splash of Sprite. It may just my personally preference but I prefer it.

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by Flacko View Post
            St. Germain is a great liqueur. when making drinks that call for club soda I usually always add a splash of Sprite. It may just my personally preference but I prefer it.
            I agree with St. Germain being great and The sprite instead of club soda wholeheartedly. I also like to add Lime to just about anything that gets lemon too. I often get a sprite with lemon and lime when I drink soda out which is very rarely anymore. The fresh juice just enhances the hell out of it!

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by Mediator12 View Post
              I agree with St. Germain being great and The sprite instead of club soda wholeheartedly. I also like to add Lime to just about anything that gets lemon too. I often get a sprite with lemon and lime when I drink soda out which is very rarely anymore. The fresh juice just enhances the hell out of it!
              Exactly. It's always the little things that separate average bartenders from the higher-end bars. Example, if something calls for lime or lemon juice most bars will use the bottled crap I prefer squeezing fresh.

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by Mediator12 View Post
                I drink a lot of higher end stuff, because I do not need much anymore!

                A personal Favorite is a St Germain Cocktail. The bartenders should know it, but most people have never heard of it. I like it on New years eve since the champagne is already flowing that night. But it is one of the most refreshing drinks I have ever had....

                2 parts Champagne or dry White wine
                2 parts St. Germain
                2 parts club soda or sparkling water
                Fresh lemon twist

                I substitute 7up or Sprite for the club soda and I add a lime twist as well
                Pinkie out, when drinking this beverage.

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by Blueflame View Post
                  We've been there to see wins over the Chargers, Chiefs (x2), Raiders, and Saints. The most epic party was the tailgate prior to the '05 MNF game vs. the Chiefs. Highlight: Randy Gradishar stopping by our tailgate and signing autographs.

                  on edit: pics thread
                  http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=31625
                  Looks like a grand ol time!

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by Flacko View Post
                    Crown Royal & Patron are usually perfect for cocktails.
                    Sure they are, when people are ordering $12 cocktails at a nice bar and want to impress their friends. My point is, for the average guy drinking at home, you can buy a suitable replacement at half the price and not really notice the difference.

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by TonyR View Post
                      Sure they are, when people are ordering $12 cocktails at a nice bar and want to impress their friends. My point is, for the average guy drinking at home, you can buy a suitable replacement at half the price and not really notice the difference.
                      True but depends on what ones definition of cheap is, usually Jack will do. I'm not ruining a bottle of Basil Hayden's.

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        To me, cheap would be Kentucky deluxe, bellows, northern lights. I've drank plenty of it in my time.

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
                          I know a dude who swears by Crowntain Dew.

                          Never tried it yet. Or the Blessed Dew with any whiskey. I need to dew that one of these days.
                          In a pinch once, a friend and I mixed diet dew with our whiskey. Wasn't bad at all.

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Originally posted by Bronc0guy View Post
                            Stayed at the Luxor a couple weeks during December. Bet red and black all night and dealer was a real dick. Won a couple grand so I was happy.
                            Luxor is the one place in Vegas someone can jump from the top floor to their death inside the hotel. It is supposedly haunted from a few jumping and a bunch of construction workers died building it. I remember my old man taking me there the first month it was open when Holyfield/Bowe 2 was happening with the fan man. It is a dive in my opinion now.

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
                              Luxor is the one place in Vegas someone can jump from the top floor to their death inside the hotel. It is supposedly haunted from a few jumping and a bunch of construction workers died building it. I remember my old man taking me there the first month it was open when Holyfield/Bowe 2 was happening with the fan man. It is a dive in my opinion now.
                              All the MGM properties are top of the line, which the Luxor is. A lot of unreported suicides happen off of parking garages. The new City Center had the most work related deaths in recent memory.

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Originally posted by Flacko View Post
                                All the MGM properties are top of the line, .
                                Not really. Monte Carlo, Excaliber, Luxor aren't all that great.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X