No announcement yet.

The drinking thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had tickets to the titans game this year, God had other plans. Weather in Texas was beyond terrible! Sold my tix double what I paid and watched Peyton "prove his arm strength in the cold".
    Last edited by Bronc0guy; 03-27-2014, 12:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronc0guy View Post
      I had tickets to the titans game this year, God had other plans. Weather in Texas was beyond terrible! Sold my tix double what I paid and watched Peyton "prove his arm strength in the cold".
      Weather in a lot of areas of the country was beyond terrible this winter. Glad you got your money back and then some. But yeah, check in on the Tailgate forum once the schedule comes out -- there's a lot of good info on who's going to which game and then PM's can be exchanged with cell numbers, etc. We've had to miss OM Weekend for several consecutive years but have high hopes of making this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Blueflame View Post
        Yes, it is -- it usually happens the first or second home game of the season.
        Once the official schedule is released, IM THERE.

Comment

Once the official schedule is released, IM THERE.
          Going from personal experience with OM Weekends -- you'll have the most awesome time partying with other OM'ers.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronc0guy
            Why has the weekend been missed several years in a row?
            OM Weekend did happen every year, but we haven't been able to make it either due to financial or health issues. This year, the only issue will be arranging to have the weekend off.

Comment

Going from personal experience with OM Weekends -- you'll have the most awesome time partying with other OM'ers.
              In Bart Scott voice, "Can't wait".

Comment

In Bart Scott voice, "Can't wait".
                Me too -- we always have WAY too much fun in Denver.

Comment

Me too -- we always have WAY too much fun in Denver.
                  Only been once. Airport on a layover to Dallas, coming from Vegas. Talk about a hangover.
                  Last edited by Bronc0guy; 03-27-2014, 01:22 AM.

Comment

Only been once. Airport on a layover to Dallas. Talk about a hangover.
                    Passed out asleep, woke up, and what do I see? The bronco in the upper deck of the stadium. I freaked out, my buddy though I was still drunk. F him, cowboys fan.

Comment

Only been once. Airport on a layover to Dallas. Talk about a hangover.
                      We've been there to see wins over the Chargers, Chiefs (x2), Raiders, and Saints. The most epic party was the tailgate prior to the '05 MNF game vs. the Chiefs. Highlight: Randy Gradishar stopping by our tailgate and signing autographs.

on edit: pics thread
                      http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=31625

Comment

Tonight, it was Crown Royal black mixed with barq's old fashioned root beer. It's a PERFECT combo.
                        If you're going to mix like that don't waste the money on Crown Royal. Go with a cheaper brand. That's a general rule for many/most mixed drinks. Drink the high end stuff straight, buy a lesser brand if you're going to mix. And by "lesser brand" I'm not saying you have to buy cheap crap. Just not the top end stuff. For example, you don't need Patron to make a good margarita. There are plenty of mid-priced tequilas that will make an excellent drink and save you a lot of money.

Comment

Favorite drink lately has been Goombay Smash. Mix up 4 different rums - light, spiced, coconut and dark - add a half shot of apricot brandy, and finish off with a couple ounces of orange and pineapple juice. Feel like you're in the islands, mon. Doesn't have any alcohol taste/aftertaste, so you have to be careful about drinking them too quickly (and that's how I won the last poker night...)

I've got into drinking a lot more of the dark alcohols in the last couple of years since I can't drink beer anymore (and oh how I miss beer).

And yes, I was a bartender for a few years back in college.

Comment

No thank you, those days are behind me. Haven't been drunk for several years now. Been buzzing plenty, but not drunk. Just too old and hangovers take a full day for recovery. Before, all i needed was a cold beer after a heavy night of drinking and Im good to go

Comment

I guess that I never considered Crown Royal to be on the high end. Not judging or anything, and I mostly drink ****ty beer from a can...

Comment

Maker's Mark, Diet Dr Pepper, slightly crushed Atomic Fireball. Kentucky Fatass aka Large Kentuckian. You're welcome.

Comment

Working...
                                X