X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New NFL Rules Passed

New Rules that Passed:

1) Extending the goal posts upwards
    The goal posts will be extended to be five feet taller, making it easier to determine whether kicks split the uprights.

2) Centralized replay system
    NFL referees can consult with members of the NFL officiating department during replay reviews wirelessly. This is intended to help with both speed and accuracy of official reviews.

3) Recovery of fumbles in the field of play are now reviewable

4) Clock won't stop on sacks

5) Dunking the ball over the goalposts as a celebration will be a penalty

Rules still under discussion for May's Owners Meeting:

1) Eliminating overtime in preseason games
    2) Expanding the practice squad from eight to 10 players.
    3) Expanding active gameday rosters for Thursday night games to 49.
    4) Allowing teams to open their roof during halftime at games for weather reasons.
    5) Adding cameras to all goal lines, sidelines and end lines to help ensure better angles for replay reviews.

Rules that failed:

1) Expanding reviewable plays to include personal fouls
    2) Making all plays reviewable
    3) Moving the kickoff to the 40-yard line
    4) Eliminating the training camp roster cutdown to 75 players
    5) Moving the extra point attempt back to the 25-yard line.
    6) Allowing an unlimited number of players on injured reserve to return to the active roster.

Source:
    http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...f-a3a14c028843

Dude that rocks. Thanks TJ !

Comment

I really like the rule where the clock won't stop on sacks. That's going to make sacks that much more important...

Comment

I want to know what shady angle the patriots are going for in wanting the extra point at the 25 yard line.

And crying about a Baltimore loss results in 5 more feet of goal posts?

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
          I want to know what shady angle the patriots are going for in wanting the extra point at the 25 yard line.

I think the 5 ft of goal posts is a no-brainer. I also would love to have seen Belichick's rule to allow all plays to be reviewable. Anything that takes judgement out if the hands if the refs is a step in the right direction IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by bowtown View Post
            I think the 5 ft of goal posts is a no-brainer. I also would love to have seen Belichick's rule to allow all plays to be reviewable. Anything that takes judgement out if the hands if the refs is a step in the right direction IMHO.
            I just think its funny that it took the patriots whining about that Baltimore game to change the rule.

I could see some HCs who would act like a child with that power. Start challenging every single play in protest of something they didn't agree with.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post

I would like to see lasers pointed straight up the goal posts so you can see the out side of the post as far up as the ball is. Kinda like the Yellow first down marker on TV

Comment

I'm so happy that the Rog took care of that whole slam dunking over the goal post problem, because it was a huge problem.

Comment

It's about time they went to a centralized review system. No more under the hood BS.

Comment

Finally they have addressed the travesty that is the goal-post dunk. Progress!

Comment

1-4, I love. 5 is stupid, don't understand it. It'll be a grey area rule. Ok, so the guy doesn't dunk it, but he drains one from the goal line for 3? What's the difference, really?

Comment

I don't like the sacks rule for selfish reasons. I hate short games... And I like to see the clock stopped... More action and more plays!

Comment

Originally posted by Action View Post
                          I don't like the sacks rule for selfish reasons. I hate short games... And I like to see the clock stopped... More action and more plays!
                          I was gonna say the same thing, the longer I get to sit there and watch football, the better. To hell with Mark Cubans opinion. The more football I get, the better.

Comment

I like that rule for competitive reasons. It's already so easy for the passing game. Finally the defense gets something to give them an edge. They hit a quarterback, now he needs to quickly dust off and get going or take a time out. I think that's good for the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Taco John View Post
                              I like that rule for competitive reasons. It's already so easy for the passing game. Finally the defense gets something to give them an edge. They hit a quarterback, now he needs to quickly dust off and get going or take a time out. I think that's good for the game.
                              Main reason why I don't like the rule this year. Peyton manning shaking a big hit off and being quick enough to call a play and get it off in time, without any timeouts? Questionable. In permanent tense though, I like the rule .

Comment

Working...
                              X