Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VON HOSTS VON’S VISION DAY, PROVIDES EYE SCREENINGS FOR OVER 160 UNDERPRIVILEGED CHILDREN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VON HOSTS VON’S VISION DAY, PROVIDES EYE SCREENINGS FOR OVER 160 UNDERPRIVILEGED CHILDREN

http://vonmiller.org/blog.aspx?ID=1003

DENVER BRONCOS’ VON MILLER HOSTS VON’S VISION DAY, PROVIDES EYE SCREENINGS FOR OVER 160 UNDERPRIVILEGED CHILDREN

Denver, CO – Denver Broncos’ All-Pro Linebacker Von Miller spent Saturday at Hellerstein & Brenner Vision Center to see years of hard work come to fruition. On behalf of his foundation, Von’s Vision, Miller and generous donors invited members of local Boys and Girls Clubs to his inaugural Von’s Vision Day to receive free eye screenings. Children that did not pass the screening were given full eye exams to identify prescription needs and were then fitted for brand new glasses.

The 12 optometrists, who donated their time and skills for Von’s Vision Day, saw 164 children in a marathon event that ran from 9 a.m. til 4:30 p.m. Ninety-nine of those children, accounting for more than 60 per cent of the attendees, were determined in need of glasses. Von also stopped in to help walk kids through the process and pick out frames.

“This is amazing. This is what I’ve wanted since the Foundation started,” says Miller. “I wanted to watch kids get glasses on their faces.”

Von’s Vision Day’s partners, The Optical Centre of Longmont, A&A Optical and ABB Optical Group, will be cutting and framing the 99 pairs of glasses in the coming weeks. Von will distribute them personally on April 14th at Part Two of his program – a party hosted at the Broncos’ Practice Facility.

“I can’t wait,” says Miller about the program. “I’ve been in glasses all my life. I’m a nerd all the way through. Some of these kids have prescriptions as bad as mine! Being there when they put those glasses on for the first time, it’ll be really cool.”

Gimme a sec, there's a "bloodshot eyes" joke in here somewhere...

Also, let's talk about Holly.

Comment

Originally posted by TheReverend View Post
      Pic too small

Enlarge plz
      Man I had no idea they were going to be that big it was smaller on the site.

Comment

Too bad there isn't a wearable prosthetic Von could implement to correct his dumbass decision making skills.
        Last edited by Dr. Broncenstein; 03-26-2014, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Dam look at the inside of Von's lens. Like a funhouse wall.

Also, I'd Doink that chick on the left

Comment

Originally posted by PRBronco View Post

Comment

Did you attend Action? With how large you made the pic, you'd think you need an eye test

Comment

where the white woman at?

Comment

“I wanted to watch kids get glasses on their faces.” ...Yet when I say that they don't allow me around Chuckie Cheese's or elementary schools anymore.

Comment

I know he gets a hard time around here for some of his decision making blunders, but I'd bet Von would be a really fun guy to hang out with.

Edited: Holly seems nice.

Comment

He's doing his part for Glaucoma prevention education too.

Comment

Gimme a sec, there's a "bloodshot eyes" joke in here somewhere...

I have to admit I liked the story and all, very kind of Von to do this, but yeah . . . .

Comment

Working...
                        X