Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How will we handle the Draft with late FA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How will we handle the Draft with late FA?

I'm curious about opinions on how we'll handle the Draft in relation to late FA.

There's still some players out there. Shaun Phillips is an example yet again.

We signed him on April 27, 2013 - which was the final day of the Draft last year.

That means we waited to see how our pics determined the void we'd still need to fill.

Right now we have a major void at MLB. We also have an unknown at Guard and CB (beyond Talib and Harris).

Will we continue to go best pick available or will what's left in FA force our hand on getting an MLB, Guard or CB in the early going?

Originally posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
    I'm curious about opinions on how we'll handle the Draft in relation to late FA.

There's still some players out there. Shaun Phillips is an example yet again.

We signed him on April 27, 2013 - which was the final day of the Draft last year.

That means we waited to see how our pics determined the void we'd still need to fill.

Right now we have a major void at MLB. We also have an unknown at Guard and CB (beyond Talib and Harris).

Will we continue to go best pick available or will what's left in FA force our hand on getting an MLB, Guard or CB in the early going?
    I don't think the team is as worried about G as most here are. I think they believe in Webster at CB and aren't thinking a major acquisition is needed. I think John has it set up to go for BPA throughout the draft.

Comment

We will go best player available. Especially after FA.

Comment

I want to see them be aggressive moving future resources to get picks this year.

LB, OG and DB first three needs. Get another DE, WR and then whatever. Need a pick at all those.

Comment

The Broncos will investigate moving up and down in the draft, searching for the best value. If there is somebody they really like, they might move up but Elway has shown he's smart enough to know the true value is in moving down. And as much as I used to hate that, it's really the best way to go. Such a huge risk in moving up to get somebody in the early rounds.

I definitely think with the FA signings we have made, we're in great position to go with BPA.

Comment

Working...
          X