Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Places To Backpack/Camp in America.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Places To Backpack/Camp in America.

Plan on doing a lot of outdoors stuff this spring and summer. Went through my gear today and got excited. Any good places? Preferably in the West.

Moab Utah first then Goblin Valley Utah, Arches National Park, Zion National Park.

Comment

grand canyon for a day hike

Comment

I guess the question is, what do you do when you camp as its different for all.

Comment

I assume Yosemite and redwoods are cool. Hoh and Cascades must be a great experience.

Comment

Ricketts glenn and the pa 'grand' (it's not big like the real one) canyon area is very nice. Just not big and grand - but parts are as old as 400 million years old. The Susquehanna river is one the 5 oldest rivers in the world.

I am just familiar, and not making a sales pitch. I spent a lot of time on stretches of the AT.

Comment

Originally posted by ludo21 View Post
              I guess the question is, what do you do when you camp as its different for all.
              Fish, read, hike and just putz around. I like building **** and been working on just primitive skills and minimalist methods. I just like to be out in nature. Colorado was easy pickens and not much of a challenge. Fire is usually an issue but the preponderance of pine beetle kill made it easy. A couple hours of gatherinf wood and you could stake out for a week easy no prob.

I do a lot of writings and drawings and keep writren mini accounrs of my journeys.

Comment

Yosemite. My favorite place in the world. Absolutely breathtaking.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
                  Moab Utah first then Goblin Valley Utah, Arches National Park, Zion National Park.
                  I went to school with two buddies who hadnt seen eachother since we graduated in 2010 and they ran into eachother a few days ago at arches. What a random place to meet old friends.

Comment

If you've never been to Sequoia National Park, you should go. Yosemite and Lake Tahoe are relatively close.

Comment

The Maze area of Canyonlands NP, Grand Gulch, and the Weminuche.

Comment

I love the Tetons/Yellowstone....but I like going in September when the crowds are a fraction of what they are in the summer.

The Wind River Range in Wyoming is beautiful.

The Bob Marshall Wilderness in Montana is on my to do list.

I've been up to Alaska three times, which is incredible. Put that on your must see list, but do it when you have weeks to go exploring and checking things out.

There are kind of beautiful places out West that get overlooked by everyone hitting the well known National Parks.

I've spent a lot of time camping and fishing around Missoula, Montana and loved it around there.

I've fished a lot of the famous rivers in Wyoming/Idaho/Montana....The Madison, Henry's Fork, The Big Hole, The Bitterroot, The Gallatin River, Rock Creek, The Teton River, etc....

Of course most of that was when I was young and single and had the time and the money.

I still find time/set aside money to go on a remote fly-in fishing trip up in Canada with my buds every year. A float plane drops us off in a remote lake and picks us up a week later. Usually, we're the only one on the lake, as lot of those places only have one cabin per lake up there.

Comment

Jenny Lake at the Tetons and the camping area up behind Crestone, on the way to the Needle.

Comment

enter the john muir trial at Lyell Canyon and then go for it!

Comment

Big Sur.

Comment

Working...
                              X