Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zuckerberg, Musk Invest in Artificial-Intelligence Company

Zuckerberg, Musk Invest in Artificial-Intelligence Company

Elon Musk made the electric car cool. Mark Zuckerberg created FacebookFB +0.40%. Ashton Kutcher portrayed AppleAAPL +0.79% founder Steve Jobs in a movie. Now, the three are joining in a $40 million investment in Vicarious FPC, a secretive artificial-intelligence company.

The funding round, the second major infusion of capital for the company in two years, is the latest sign of life in artificial intelligence. Last month, GoogleGOOG -1.18% acquired another AI company called Deep Mind for $400 million.

More:
    http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2014/03/...any-vicarious/

This is pretty interesting. It's like if Steve Jobs and Bill Gates had collaborated on something in the early 90's.

Comment

Elon Musk is my hero.

Comment

Originally posted by Swedish Extrovert View Post
        Elon Musk is my hero.
        He is no Gene Kranz

Comment

Originally posted by broncosteven View Post
          He is no Gene Kranz
          Oh Geez why don't you and Gene just get a hotel room for crying out loud.

Comment

If I could crap out a million dollars by noon the way all those guys could I'd fund this thing too. Heck half of 'em crap out that much money by 10:00 a.m.
            Last edited by ghwk; 03-21-2014, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by broncosteven View Post
              He is no Gene Kranz
              And you are no Jack Kennedy

Comment

Cool idea. They should talk to Jaron Lanier.

Comment

All these things are cool and would be huge achievements and, in turn, terrible for society. I get the motivation (wealth, curiosity, etc) but with the population continuing to grow, eliminating jobs from the market can't be good. It will just increase the rich/poor divide even greater. What's the solution for this?

Comment

Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
                    All these things are cool and would be huge achievements and, in turn, terrible for society. I get the motivation (wealth, curiosity, etc) but with the population continuing to grow, eliminating jobs from the market can't be good. It will just increase the rich/poor divide even greater. What's the solution for this?
                    Nancy Pelosi says why should everyone have to work. We will be free to pursue art, music, just like friggin Star Trek.

OH YEAH!

Comment

Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
                      Some think crypto currency is the solution for this. I'm skeptical, but intrigued by the idea.

Comment

No to AI. I have seen every Terminator movie. I have played Mass Effect until my eyes have bled.

Say no to self aware machines. It never ends well for people. Ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Archer81 View Post
                          No to AI. I have seen every Terminator movie. I have played Mass Effect until my eyes have bled.

What about Data from Star Trek.

Comment

Transcending our physical bodies is the next step of evolution. We will eventually become cyborgs that save the world with technology and ideas we can't even begin to comprehend.

Comment

Originally posted by Archer81 View Post

Resistance is futile. YOU will be assimilated!

Comment

Working...
                              X