Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raiders trade for Schaub

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...houston-texans

How many pick-6's do we have against the Raiders this year?

Originally posted by LRtagger View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...houston-texans

How many pick-6's do we have against the Raiders this year?

We've faced worst QBs and generated NO pick-6's. I hope Talib and/or Ward can come up with some turnovers...

Comment

Another losing season for jokeland.

Comment

face palm!

Comment

what they give up?

Good trade IMO for them, gets them to next year to draft a real QB from the draft or allows them to take one of the "2nd tier" guys and develop.

Comment

Originally posted by ludo21 View Post
            what they give up?

Good trade IMO for them, gets them to next year to draft a real QB from the draft or allows them to take one of the "2nd tier" guys and develop.
            Schefter said "a late round selection". I agree, good move for them. He's better than what they have and they aren't short of cap room to pay him.

Comment

It's a late round pick why not. If they get the schaub of last year they are just out a late rounder. If they get the schaub from the other years they get a serviceable QB

Comment

Now they probabaly go WR and OT in rounds 1 and 2 in whatever order they want.

Personally I hope its OT and not Watkins in round 1.

Comment

I'll bet they go OT in the 1st.

Comment

Schaub is servicable, no doubt

his problem is going to be playing for the raiders, who have a cloud of suck permanently affixed to the team mythos

Comment

Originally posted by TheReverend View Post
                      Say what you all will, I don't like it.

Overall, Schaub has been WAY more solid than anything Oakland has had since Rich Gannon.
                      That is not saying much at all

If this signing prevents them from passing on a top qb prospect then it was dumb
                      If they can still draft someone and not have Schaub implode like last year it is solid

Comment

Good move for them. Stabilizes the position far more than a rookie would. Let's face it, Oakland is a boat full of holes trying to make it back to harbor. They've got to plug holes while continuously pumping the bilge, so to speak. There's some sailor lingo for ya. Free.

Comment

Jesus, Oakland. They have a top 5 pick in all rounds and they waste one on Schaub. If it's a 7th, maybe i can see that, but even then... Look at what we've been able to do with late round picks. I guess they don't have JFE running their team but christ.

Comment

Well this tells me they aren't drafting one of the 3 busts in the first round. I expect them to take a guy at the top of the 2nd. I could see them taking Watkins or Clowney now. Maybe even a LT. I hope the change in scenery doesn't give Schaub his confidence back.

Comment

Well, at least they were smart enough not to trade a first and second rounder for Schaub a la the Carson Palmer trade.

I have no idea who their receivers are though.

Probably nowhere as good as what Houston has.

Comment

Working...
                              X