Losing weight and eating healthy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Losing weight and eating healthy

So I have started to try and change my lifestyle and drop like 80 pounds. I obviously knew I needed to lose weighy but recently one of my best friends died of a heart attack at age 28 which is ****ing frightening. So about a month and a half ago I decided I needed to change how I lived.

I started cooking all of my meals on the weekdays, weekends are still tough, and I started eating a ton of vegetables. I have gotten to the point where it has started to feel normal cooking healthy food every nighy and I look forward to spending an hour in the kitchen. In about a month in a half I am down about 20 lbs and I need to lose another 60ish.

I know we have plenty of healthy people on here. What are some good recipes to keep me and others from getting bored of healthy food? I have been dominating some asparagus lately. Also, what are some good tips for losing weight? Working out? Etc... I am so terribly out of shape and sore from working out that it is embarassing.

Ps. I have a vitamix so any good recipes with that would help too.

Heroin.

Comment

If it tastes good spit it out.

Comment

Originally posted by bowtown View Post
        Heroin.
        This works too.

Comment

turn into a vegan

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
            This works too.
            Right? Like is it bad for me or good for me? Make up your minds, people.

Comment

I highly recommend following a workout regiment if you don't have one

It is probably the best way to burn fat because working out puts your body into calorie burning mode for hours even after you get done lifting

I try to lift 4 times a week and it definitely helps keep the fat at bay considering the amount of junk food I at times consume on the weekends

The soreness will go away once your body gets used to lifting

Don't drink alcohol, or at least watch how much you drink. I used to think if I stuck with vodka and the lower calorie beverages I would be fine. It all plumped me up.

Get some healthy snacks like peanuts and munch a little bit throughout the day. It will help prevent you from getting really hungry and eating large portions.

Comment

You could eat nothing but hot pockets. Chronic pancreatitis and butthole bulimia.

Comment

Originally posted by bowtown View Post
                  Right? Like is it bad for me or good for me? Make up your minds, people.
                  Weight loss attributable to forgetting to eat. Death attributable to forgetting to breathe.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
                    Weight loss attributable to forgetting to eat. Death attributable to forgetting to breathe.
                    Agreed, it's a balancing act. Moderation is the key.

Comment

#sensiblesmackaddict

Comment

How bad do you want to lose the weight? Water is your best friend, lean meat and vegetables. Oatmeal and fruit in the morning. If your ticker can handle it ripped fuel. Cardio, cardio, cardio. High Intensity Intervals. No eating after 8 p.m. Remember you didn't get where you're at overnight so don't get discouraged if you don't see the results you think you should be seeing. Drink lots of water! Goodluck bud...

Comment

Originally posted by Castinkas View Post
                          How bad do you want to lose the weight? Water is your best friend, lean meat and vegetables. Oatmeal and fruit in the morning. If your ticker can handle it ripped fuel. Cardio, cardio, cardio. High Intensity Intervals. No eating after 8 p.m. Remember you didn't get where your at overnight so don't get discouraged if you don't see the results you think you should be seeing. Drink lots of water! Goodluck bud...
                          Thanks, man. I drink about a gallon and a half a day at work. This has it's drae backs as I pee every hour but whatever. I'm workinh on my cardio, two years ago I was running around 4 mils when I would go run, now, not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Br0nc0Buster View Post
                            I highly recommend following a workout regiment if you don't have one

It is probably the best way to burn fat because working out puts your body into calorie burning mode for hours even after you get done lifting

I try to lift 4 times a week and it definitely helps keep the fat at bay considering the amount of junk food I at times consume on the weekends

The soreness will go away once your body gets used to lifting

Don't drink alcohol, or at least watch how much you drink. I used to think if I stuck with vodka and the lower calorie beverages I would be fine. It all plumped me up.

Get some healthy snacks like peanuts and munch a little bit throughout the day. It will help prevent you from getting really hungry and eating large portions.
                            I have started lifting and my body ia not thrilled about it. People probably think I'm a creep at work when I have to bend my head down to scratch my nose.

Comment

You will get there. I took a picture of myself when I was ready to lose weight. Motivation whenever I feel like not working out.

Comment

Working...
                              X