any chance champ comes back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any chance champ comes back?

sorry if this thread has been gone over but I would hate to see him as nickel in a Pats uni.

any chance he comes back in a safety or nickel/leader/mentor role?

haven't seen much from his camp thus far.

It sounded final when Champ spoke to the media as in Denver didn't offer him any deal to come back, not at the league minimum or anything. From the sounds of it, seems like the coaches think his legs are shot. Hard to argue with it considering his final two playoff games over the past two years.

Comment

no

Comment

Comment

Comment

Would love to see him back for the vet minimum. He will adjust for the market rates and we still need 2 more cbs for depth. Would also like to see another vet rb brought in.

Comment

Can't bring in old dbacks for depth. They need to cover kicks and play special teams. Champ is done not only in Denver, but IMO in the NFL. He may hang on 1 more yr, but it won't be a good yr.

Comment

I'd rather see Moreno back.

Comment

Last edited by Punisher; 03-19-2014, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cutthemdown View Post
                    I'd rather see Moreno back.
                    I thought he was awesome too but he's not long term with the three RB's we have. Might as well put that cap money towards extending players like DT, Franklin, etc.

Comment

im not talkin long term, maybe just a single year deal. backup/leadership role?

losing 3 caps and have Von as a leader and role model outside of Manning just ..... well, up in the club, cool, on the field .... meh.

Comment

With Moreno, I think he played his guts out ...... finally for a contract, when he gets it I expect to see the old Moreno back again, tears flowing or not.

Comment

Judging by last season, I think it's time for Champ to pursue other interests in life. He's got his health, I presume he's got some money, and he's only 35. If I were in his shoes I'd buy a nice cruising sailboat, like a Hylas, and take off around the world.

Comment

Originally posted by kamakazi_kal View Post
                            im not talkin long term, maybe just a single year deal. backup/leadership role?

losing 3 caps and have Von as a leader and role model outside of Manning just ..... well, up in the club, cool, on the field .... meh.
                            Elway made it clear that he is not going to be offered a contract.

I get the feeling that Elway thinks he should retire. I don't have the link but he made it clear that Champ was done with the Broncos and likely with football.

Comment

Originally posted by kamakazi_kal View Post
                              With Moreno, I think he played his guts out ...... finally for a contract, when he gets it I expect to see the old Moreno back again, tears flowing or not.
                              KM is not coming back either, Miami worked him out.

I believe John knew that he wasn't going to bring back Decker, KM, and Champ this year among a bunch of our other unrestricted FA's this year.

He clearly wanted Harris putting a 2nd round tender on him and he tried to bring back DRC until he dicked around on working out a deal forcing John to move on to Talib.

Comment

Working...
                              X