X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who becomes our new Defensive leader?

http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_...ice?source=pkg

Good insight I think.

1) Who becomes our defensive leader - the voice?

2) Purging the roster from not only older players, but players who have been here awhile was necessary to get in new blood, new excitement.

3) How drained are the remaining guys from 2 straight playoff disasters? Or will they be again rejuvenated and out to prove the doubters wrong?

On the subject of leadership...
    On the field, wide receiver Eric Decker was the biggest loss. But in the locker room, it was linebacker Wesley Woodyard. The Broncos believe Sanders, if he gets up to speed quickly in the playbook, can be a more versatile receiver in their scheme than Decker was. Decker, however, is taller and had 24 touchdowns the past two seasons combined thanks to his work in the red zone. In the locker room, Woodyard was the first player since Hall of Famer Floyd Little to be a captain each of his first six seasons with the team. Woodyard's outlook, work ethic and ability to relate to his teammates will be missed.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...review-broncos

Comment

Originally posted by TonyR View Post
      except for he stopped getting to play which imo has a huge impact on who listens to the guy when the going gets tough.

Comment

Originally posted by ludo21 View Post
        except for he stopped getting to play which imo has a huge impact on who listens to the guy when the going gets tough.
        Yep. Losing your starting job on an injury riddled squad isn't exactly setting the tone for your defense.

We were soft due to injury and finesse players. No longer are we soft.

Comment

I would be shocked if it is anyone other than DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
            We were soft due to injury and finesse players. No longer are we soft.
            While I hope you are right, I'll believe it when i see it.

Comment

Danny

Comment

I would guess Ware. Need a vocal leader in the lockerrom who also backs it up on the field.

Pretty hard for WW to be a leader when he was being benched near the end of the season

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised to see Wolfe take on a leadership role. OWWWWWWWWWWW

Comment

Originally posted by jmz313 View Post
                    While I hope you are right, I'll believe it when i see it.
                    I look at it this way. Our new SS went straight after Gronk. Our old SS's would've tried to limp wrist shoulder tackle, whiffing completely, or would've tried diving at him 5 yards away. Hitting nothing but air and grass.

Comment

Originally posted by ludo21 View Post
                      http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_...ice?source=pkg

Good insight I think.

1) Who becomes our defensive leader - the voice?

2) Purging the roster from not only older players, but players who have been here awhile was necessary to get in new blood, new excitement.

3) How drained are the remaining guys from 2 straight playoff disasters? Or will they be again rejuvenated and out to prove the doubters wrong?
                      I think as long as you have a guy like Peyton Manning there really isn't that much of a danger of the team not being ready for the season.

On defense I think Ware is definitely going to be a leader. Ward is a leader. Pot Roast is a leader. Trevathan is a leader. I know it is sad that our 2 defensive captains are gone, but truthfully we didn't have Champ the majority of the season and you can't be a leader from the sidelines and Woodyard was in and out of the starting lineup all year. Even though they are gone there isn't going to be a loss of leadership

Comment

Regarding Ware:
                        He is not the most vocal guy, but he has grown in that area as he has gotten older. When he did speak, guys listened. But I would say he was mostly a lead-by-example type.
                        http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-bronc...s-ware-signing

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
                          I think as long as you have a guy like Peyton Manning there really isn't that much of a danger of the team not being ready for the season.
                          Yeah, it's the playoffs you gotta worry about.

I'm mostly joking. But I think there maybe is something to a level of emotional preparation during the playoffs that some more fiery leadership can bring. There comes a time in most seasons where you can no longer bank on outsmarting everyone. Our team is the 'smartest' in the league, so we didn't hit it often. But we hit that wall in the Super Bowl, and it looked like we were completely unprepared emotionally to trade punches toe to toe.

That said, I'm not sure I see our next Al Wilson or Bdawk. We need one. Once again, maybe MLB is our only hope.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyR View Post
                            Personally, I like lead-by-example people, rather than someone screaming at me. I respond to someone better, if they lead by example. But, that's just me. Football players are a different breed...

Comment

Originally posted by Crushaholic View Post
                              Personally, I like lead-by-example people, rather than someone screaming at me. I respond to someone better, if they lead by example. But, that's just me. Football players are a different breed...
                              For you and me and others yes. Fans and Org hated Sharpe for being vocal but, its exactly what this team needs on both sides of the ball.

Comment

Working...
                              X