C.J. Mosley stock dropping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C.J. Mosley stock dropping

I have been reading quite a bit that Mosley's stock is plummeting. He was initially thought of as a top-15 pick, now I have read some teams are thinking he could slip into the second round. This due in large part because of recent trends with linebackers dropping along with injury concerns.

Walter's latest mock has him falling to us and I have seen quite a few showing him drop to the second round. I can't say I would be disappointed if he fell into our laps at 31. He would be an incredible commodity playing alongside Trevathan in the nickle and would be a solid MLB in our base D.

31. Denver Broncos: C.J. Mosley, ILB, Alabama
    Boom. C.J. Mosley falls hard in this mock draft, sliding 20 spots from my previous update. However, if you read Charlie Campbell's draft rumor mill, Mosley is expected to go much later than most expect. One team even thinks he'll be available when they're on the clock in Round 2.

The Broncos have a big need at inside linebacker, so I think they'd be happy if he dropped to them.

Pick change; previously Ryan Shazier, LB

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/uoep15cF_aU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

I would accidentally the whole thing if he drops to us!

Comment

what would be shocking is if Mosley dropped to 31 and the Broncos passed on him... that would create a disgust of epic proportions here on the Mane, and rightly so.

Comment

I'm sure it would happen

Comment

His athleticism was the combine would have been disappointing for a guy who weighed 30 pounds more than him. He really needs to have a good showing at his pro-day. Slow linebackers just do not get drafted very high, even people with more hype than Mosley have fallen because of poor measurables (Laurinaitis and Maualuga).

Comment

I kinda like Shazier better than Mosley

Comment

Spikes dropped as well and he has been a good MLB for PAtriots

Comment

Laurinitis, Spikes, Burfict, Maualuga, and Teo all say hi.

Comment

Originally posted by ludo21 View Post
                    Spikes dropped as well and he has been a good MLB for PAtriots
                    I'm not sure he's "worthy of a first round draft pick" good, though.

Comment

Originally posted by gyldenlove View Post
                      His athleticism was the combine would have been disappointing for a guy who weighed 30 pounds more than him. He really needs to have a good showing at his pro-day. Slow linebackers just do not get drafted very high, even people with more hype than Mosley have fallen because of poor measurables (Laurinaitis and Maualuga).
                      That is what I have been saying to Lestat. His film is great but, so is everyones that plays for the Tide. His poor numbers should be a red flag imo.

Comment

Originally posted by JCMElway View Post
                        I kinda like Shazier better than Mosley
                        Me too. Alabama LBs seem to disappoint in the NFL. Shazier is far more athletic, and I think he is a more disruptive presence than Mosely. I think of it kind of in terms of being proactive vs reactive.

I think Mosely is a very good reactive LB, but I think Shazier is a more proactive player. I think Proactive LBs are more successful in the NFL.

Comment

Chicago is still picking him.

Comment

Shazier is a boss. I'd rather have him.

Comment

I don't think he's a MLB in the NFL, and we need an MLB.

Comment

Working...
                              X