Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another angle on the Emmanuel Sanders deal

Nice refutation of the leadership over in Chiefs Headquarters:

"When news broke last Saturday evening that Emmanuel Sanders had reached an agreement with the Denver Broncos, the football world was taken by surprise. It was known Sanders had already visited Jacksonville, Tampa Bay, and Kansas City, and was set to visit San Francisco; however, at no time had his name been linked to the Broncos. So how exactly did Denver sweep in and sign the speedy wideout without so much as an official visit or pre-agreement physical exam, something the four other NFL teams were demanding before they would even make an offer?

"‘Unnamed’ NFL executives have accused Sanders’ agent, Steve Weinberg, of shopping Kansas City offer to other teams and failing to honor an agreement. When the reporter of the NFL.com article called Weinberg for his comments regarding a statement from a team, Weinberg told him the statement was entirely untrue. The reporter asked, which part was untrue? “All of it,” Weinberg answered. Here’s the real story and an inside look at how NFL free agency negotiations can heat up within minutes.
    http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...ders-4624.html

And Again, this is why Elway rules and KC will continue to be mediocre on their best days....

oh that's too funny….

Comment

I wonder who our "other receiver" was?

Comment

Originally posted by iforgotmypassword View Post
        LaFell I imagine

Comment

Great article. Another reason to love Elway the GM. Had the brains to come in honest with a deal ready to sign vs. trying to play games with the player. Note to self. Never play cards against Elway even with a Billion dollars backing me up.

Comment

Originally posted by iforgotmypassword View Post
            Julian Edelman.

Comment

One embarassing slap in the face after another if you are a Chef fan.............lol

Comment

The great thing about this article to me is that Agents and Players are really going to appreciate the way Elway does business. Players are going to want to come here because they aren't just treated like commodities to be bought and sold, and agents are going to appreciate the transparency in the negotiations. Even when Manning is gone, I think this is going to make Denver very attractive to players.

Comment

Elway has learned a great deal since becoming a GM. After losing Dumerville to that faxgate situation, I'll bet Elway has went over every last minute detail in how he and his team want to handle FA's. Looks like they got the process all worked out and then some.

Comment

Very interesting read. If the situation had been reversed, there's no way Elway and co would have been throwing a butt hurt fit like the chefs. It would have been on to the next free agent on the list. This makes much more sense than all the reports I was reading on Sunday.

Comment

Elway has turned on a dime at least 3 times this FA

He is agile and mobile

Comment

It does not show that Emmanuel's agent is an ass according to the Chiefs version. He has already been suspended, fought to get re-instated and this has been his best clients by far since returning. He isn't scoring brownie points with the other owners and GMs if Chiefs version was true. If not true and it went down as Weinberg stated it in the article, then the joke is on the Chiefs. We beat them again.
                        Last edited by broncocalijohn; 03-18-2014, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Chiefs are a second rate organization. No big news there.

Comment

Comment

The one fact here that would seem indisputable is this: if Sanders really had reached agreement with KC, he would not have left the facility. There was no reason for him to be on the way to the airport if the previous accusations are true.

Comment

Working...
                              X