Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holliday to Giants

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ttle-holliday/

Not really sure if this deserves a thread or if anyone cares, hopefully the little guy can learn to hold onto the ball.

I suppose the only real question is who the Broncos go with for KR/PR. Both Sanders and Caldwall have some experience if I'm not mistake.

He has the ability to change 2,3 games a season. Good or Bad, but some of that is just the nature of being a Kick/punt returner he's definitely still worthy of roster spot but does need coaching. Tons a natural ability.

Comment

Wasn't that the last time he scored for us? The Giants?

Comment

JD Walton and now Holliday, the Giants sure like our garage sales.

Comment

Originally posted by Pony Boy View Post
          JD Walton and now Holliday, the Giants sure like our garage sales.
          Plus DRC, they gave him either a 1/4mil or 3/4 mil more in guaranteed money overall to save face after turning down a sweet deal with the Broncos though our total ( never to be paid out in full) value was much higher at 54mil compared to 35 mil tops the Giants signed him for but he'll likely not see more than the guarantee before he retires.

Who here thinks the Giants have anywhere close to teh Broncos chance of making it to the SB next year, raise their hands??

SO DRC wound up overplaying his hand with us, got burned and then accepted less than a mil as a compensation prize for likely never sniffing another SB.

Comment

Good riddance. Every time that guy would go back to return a kick I'd get sick to my stomach. Now let's go get a return guy who can make plays and actually hold on to the ball.

Comment

Glad he is gone. Too much risk to take on.

Comment

He gave us the only massive effort vs Ravens in 2013 playoffs. He was wishy washy and knew he wasn't coming back. Good luck to him but hope the Giants suck ass with the Jets.

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
                  Good riddance. Every time that guy would go back to return a kick I'd get sick to my stomach. Now let's go get a return guy who can make plays and actually hold on to the ball.
                  I got this way no matter who was returning kicks. Special teams have been horrible with the exception of Prater, would say Colquitt but Manning doesn't allow him to play....

Comment

I wish the dude luck. It was always going to be a longshot for him to make it to the NFL anyway. Hopefully he can hang onto his dream for as long as possible.

Comment

He did sorta disappear after the 1st quarter of the season, but then again, so did our return blocking. If you ask me, our ST's coach has alot of work to do. Things started out great last year but eventually fell apart, and then highlighted and capped off in the Superbowl. I was sure that he would have already been fired.

Comment

I felt bad for him as the season went on. He had great returns that were more often than not called back because our Special teams are freakin terrible. Yes he made terrible decisions but those were things that could have been taught.

Comment

lol at the reader comments:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ayer/#comments

Comment

That Ravens game was all Holliday and i think he would of been the Super Bowl MVP if we played the 49ers in SB47. He played lights out in 2012 if he goes back to those ways the Giants made a good deal

Comment

Originally posted by Punisher View Post
                              That Ravens game was all Holliday and i think he would of been the Super Bowl MVP if we played the 49ers in SB47. He played lights out in 2012 if he goes back to those ways the Giants made a good deal
                              yep, Holliday was one of the few bright spots on that Ravens playoff loss and had the Broncos won, much of that would have been due to his two TDs. Too bad the Broncos pissed that away...

Comment

Working...
                              X