Steve Smith uses Twitter to find upset Panthers fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Smith uses Twitter to find upset Panthers fan

Pretty cool story, though the kid looks like a brat...

http://t.foxsports.msn.com/steve-smi...t-panthers-fan

I'm not sure why parents decide to embarrass their children by posting videos of them crying on YouTube, but at least this story has a happy ending.

When word came down that the Panthers were going to release wide receiver Steve Smith (he signed a three-year deal with the Ravens on Friday), one young fan couldn't contain his emotions.

His father also egged him on (while his sister tried to pump up Cam Newton in the background) as you can see below.

Smith saw the video and shared it with his Twitter followers. He then went on a mission to find the kid in the video.

Twitter came through for Smith, who said he's planning to meet with the youngster.

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/cNjtepBuOlM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Screw it just go vote for Steve Smiths new team, problem solved. I think the days of loyalty are over. If you think you will have more fun rooting for a different team go for it. It's not like it used to be when players stayed with the same team and tickets didn't cost a fortune.

People paying to root for players that suck or they don't like are being stupid. Go buy a hawks jersey and be a winner!

Comment

Originally posted by [B
      Armchair[/B] Bronco;4075604]Screw it just go vote for Steve Smiths new team, problem solved. I think the days of loyalty are over. If you think you will have more fun rooting for a different team go for it. It's not like it used to be when players stayed with the same team and tickets didn't cost a fortune.

People paying to root for players that suck or they don't like are being stupid. Go buy a hawks jersey and be a winner!

Comment

I imagine that's how some maners sounded after we traded Cutler, haha. I hate the Broncos now, I don't want to cheer for any other player, the NFL sucks, lol.

Comment

That dad is a colossal dick / YouTube whore. These have been done a million times, but d-bag dad sounds pretty proud of himself for being able to make a kid (who is at the age where they cry about ****ing anything) react on camera.

His kid would have taken it fine if he'd just said Smith went to a new team so now they can root for the Panthers and root for Smith on the Ravens too. Instead he shoves a camera in his face, emphasizes he was fired and they don't get to root for him or whatever.

Comment

As a parent it's a privilege to help your kids learn to handle their emotions in a rational way so they don't end up having meltdowns later on in life and get ostracized by their peers (who might get lucky enough to dig up a childhood video of them having a similar meltdown a decade or two earlier just to rub in further).

Or maybe it's just an awesome opportunity to get some YouTube hits at their expense!

Comment

Not cool

Comment

Originally posted by ZONA View Post
                I imagine that's how some maners sounded after we traded Cutler, haha. I hate the Broncos now, I don't want to cheer for any other player, the NFL sucks, lol.
                cough Socal cough cough

Comment

parents are stupid... "hey, I'm gonna upset my brat kid, record it, then put in on the web for the entire world to see, haha, I'm so creative!!!" No, you're really not. You're another parent who has no common sense.

Comment

Originally posted by ZONA View Post
                    Or traded Tebow.

Comment

Originally posted by HILife View Post
                      Or traded Tebow.
                      Or drafted Tebow in the 1st round

<------------

Comment

The father is one of those a holes that thinks he so hilarious but that was a douchey thing to do for sure.

Comment

The family in the video and Steve smith's family knew one another before this.
                          The reason the kid is so upset is he is friends with Steve smith's kid.

And yea the father is such a dick , with all the child beatings and sexual assaults on kids sorry that I don't get to upset over a joke.

Priorities....
                          Last edited by TDmvp; 03-19-2014, 06:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X