Now OL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now OL

OK, we have made some signings that will be impactful on the defense. What about the glaring SB issue ... the OL.

We get Clady back. Ramirez at C, Vasquez and Clark/Franklin at G , Clady and Clark/Franklin at T. Or some other deviation there of.

Beedles out, Clady in. Is this enough to overcome the abuse we suffered? It seems we are still a significant player short to control the line of scrimmage both to protect Manning or run the ball more effectively against teams like the Niners or Sea.

Picking at 31 usually doesn't guarantee someone that can step in and be impactful in year 1. Thoughts, because in the Elway years just prior to the SB wins, some of the most impactful additions were Zimmerman, Schlereth and Jones. The current group just doesn't measure up to the 97/98 guys.

Originally posted by dsmoot View Post
    What about the glaring SB issue ... the OL.
    Yup, going in to FA my two primary concerns were OL and pass rush. Hopefully Ware is a big part of the answer on the latter, now they need to figure out the former. They did try to sign Evan Dietrich-Smith, and are now looking at this Will Montgomery (who I don't think would be anything more than depth). So this may be a big draft target.

Comment

why is everyone convinced Clady is back? I'd say it's more like a 50/50 shot he's back and still be a top 5 LT.

Comment

Report: Bucs will listen to trade offers for Jeremy Zuttah

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...jeremy-zuttah/

Comment

Originally posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
          why is everyone convinced Clady is back? I'd say it's more like a 50/50 shot he's back and still be a top 5 LT.
          Broncos LT Ryan Clady (foot, injured reserve) has shed his cast in favor of a walking boot.
          It's just a sign that Clady's rehab is on schedule. Clady should be back to 100 percent well ahead of next summer's training camp. Mon, Nov 4, 2013 02:33:00 PM
          Source: Josina Anderson on Twitter

Comment

I'm still interested if they can coach up Vinston Painter. That dude has all the physical tools to be a beast.

Comment

I think we are better than last year with the Clark/Franklin/Manny/Vasquez/Clady combo. However, I wouldn't be surprised if Elway draft a linemen in the 2-4th round that will push for a starting spot.

Comment

i did not see this coming

Comment

Originally posted by bronco militia View Post
                  i did not see this coming

I think I see a vagina. I mean, another vagina.

Comment

oops.....wrong thread

Comment

I'd like broncos to get a big fat LG that can hold his own to keep Manning upright. OL is the link that could stop this team next year.

Comment

The guy has come back from 2 other major surgeries, what's one more

Comment

How do we know his odds are 50/50?

Comment

Would suck if Manning is taken out by the poor play of a less than stellar G after all the cash spent on the FAs

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
                              How do we know his odds are 50/50?
                              The OMane doctors said so.

Comment

Working...
                              X