Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Next up center Montgomery to visit Broncos.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Next up center Montgomery to visit Broncos.

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ll-montgomery/


    I don't know much about him but he started for 3 yrs and would give us depth inside at center and guard.

  • #2
    I don't profess to be an NFL scout, but let's suppose Montgomery is a wash with Ramirez at center, but Man Ram moves to LG, this move alone makes the line more physical. Man Ram is supposed to be the strongest guy on the team.

    In other words, at the least, you stay the same at center, but upgrade the guard position with a more physical player. I like it.

    Comment


    • #3
      For what it's worth, I read someone comment that in 2012 he was rated as a top 5 Center by PFF.

      Gotta do more research.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by R8R H8R View Post
        I don't profess to be an NFL scout, but let's suppose Montgomery is a wash with Ramirez at center, but Man Ram moves to LG, this move alone makes the line more physical. Man Ram is supposed to be the strongest guy on the team.

        In other words, at the least, you stay the same at center, but upgrade the guard position with a more physical player. I like it.
        Agrees. I like Ramirez. Not an all pro player but he plays hard and gets the job done.

        Comment


        • #5
          We need depth at center because Koppen is not coming back and Walton is long gone.

          Damn Elway may go into the draft seriously being able to take BPA each round.

          Comment


          • #6
            Make this move, and then draft the guard from UCLA whose name i can't spell lol.

            Comment


            • #7
              Montgomery started every game for the Redskins over the last three years, but was released last Friday to save the team some money under the cap.
              ...
              The first six games of that career came with the Panthers in 2006, when Carolina was coached by current Broncos head coach John Fox.
              http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ll-montgomery/

              Comment


              • #8
                He graded out well in 2012, considering many teams were shell shocked by the Mobile QBs in 2012. He graded out strongly against the run because teams were flat on their heels waiting on what an explosive RG3 was going to do.

                Evidence of last year all around and him in pass protection in 12, when teams decided to get after the RG3 and attack, well he didn't hold up as well in pass protection or blocking.

                If we are moving away from softer player (Beadles) with better movement skills that are better suited for zone blocking, then why would we bring in a Center who's spent the last several years in a ZBS?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Broncos could be looking at him more as depth or a fall back to some other plan. He doesn't sound like a world beater though.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by BMORE View Post
                    He graded out well in 2012, considering many teams were shell shocked by the Mobile QBs in 2012. He graded out strongly against the run because teams were flat on their heels waiting on what an explosive RG3 was going to do.

                    Evidence of last year all around and him in pass protection in 12, when teams decided to get after the RG3 and attack, well he didn't hold up as well in pass protection or blocking.

                    If we are moving away from softer player (Beadles) with better movement skills that are better suited for zone blocking, then why would we bring in a Center who's spent the last several years in a ZBS?
                    I've been searching everywhere for more info and what you typed seems to be consensus opinion on him.

                    Rotoworld rates him as the #6 Center FA.

                    I think I'm disappointed that we missed out on Evan Dietrich-Smith (#3 by Rotoworld) and had some good comments by knowlegable folks.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I like Manny, I believe we'd be much better going after a LG in free agency, Wharton or Joseph would be two ok candidates to kick the tires on.

                      If you want a Center, Mack was that dude!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Mack would take HUGE money to sign. He is MILES better than other options but I just don't see a way (other than cut both Tamme & Dreessen and someone else?) to get him plus CLE would have the right to match.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Montgomery is no better than Ramirez. He got pushed around a lot.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by cutthemdown View Post
                            Make this move, and then draft the guard from UCLA whose name i can't spell lol.
                            I would be OK with this if he is BPA, and he might be, at number 31 when we are up. He is a day 1 starter and possible Pro-Bowler. He would make Man Ram one of the best G-C back-ups in the NFL.

                            However, I believe we still need to have an eye on MLB, CB, and WR somewhere in the first 4 picks.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by R8R H8R View Post
                              I would be OK with this if he is BPA, and he might be, at number 31 when we are up. He is a day 1 starter and possible Pro-Bowler. He would make Man Ram one of the best G-C back-ups in the NFL.

                              However, I believe we still need to have an eye on MLB, CB, and WR somewhere in the first 4 picks.
                              I wouldn't be shocked if Denver took Shazier and played him in the middle. I think they would lose some run stuffing for a guy who can cover and run.

                              Ward and our DT geared to stop the run so it sort of points to them going with a smaller player in the middle.

                              Marcus Martin could end up the best center in this draft. 3rd round pick maybe? 2nd round? not sure.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X