Odell Beckham Jr highlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Requiem View Post
    2012 was a disaster and 2011 outside of Miller and Franklin is the same way. Early picks need to contribute immediately, not ride the pine or sniff a clipboard. They value they mortgaged in trade up's for worthless players is a concern too.
    Really? Most players taken in the first round don't immediately contribute.
    It usually takes time and they ride the pine.
    Just because some players blossom instantaneously does not mean that they all do.

You draft a player in the first round or even the 2nd because you believe that they give you the best potential to have great production over the long haul.
    If you get a instant starter then that is awesome. But it does not always happen.

Comment

I got ogletree hopkins cyprien and bernard last year on the om draft and they bosshogged candy from day one this isnt rocket science.

Comment

Yeah Req but did you get them in spots they actually went in the draft?

Comment

He plays fast. That is one heck of a catch, curl, and burst. I'd cream if we got that guy, what a player

Comment

If he is related to David Beckham.

Comment

Originally posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
              what do you propose? If BPA hasn't worked for the Broncos that's more an indication of their scouting department sucking than it is that taking BPA doesn't work.
              BPA has been great for this team for a few years... We nit pick, but we have drafted well...

Comment

Out of the entire first round Richardson,Vaccaro,Reid,Long & Hopkins are the only guys out of 32 picks who were straight up on it pretty much all season long.
                Most of them started out slow or if they did start fast their play fell off later in the season.
                Either that or they had very uneven seasons or came on late like Tavon Austin, Sly Williams, Corrdarrelle Patterson & etc.
                The Broncos draft for the long term. Not every pick will be instant gratification.
                Most of our guys will be like Montee,Sly,Trev,Rahim & JT.
                It's the 2nd and 3rd years where they come on and we reap the true rewards.
                I think Q and Kayvon will be part of that 2nd year group.

Comment

Originally posted by Lestat View Post
                  Out of the entire first round Richardson,Vaccaro,Reid,Long & Hopkins are the only guys out of 32 picks who were straight up on it pretty much all season long.
                  Most of them started out slow or if they did start fast their play fell off later in the season.
                  Either that or they had very uneven seasons or came on late like Tavon Austin, Sly Williams, Corrdarrelle Patterson & etc.
                  The Broncos draft for the long term. Not every pick will be instant gratification.
                  Most of our guys will be like Montee,Sly,Trev,Rahim & JT.
                  It's the 2nd and 3rd years where they come on and we reap the true rewards.
                  I think Q and Kayvon will be part of that 2nd year group.
                  hmm, well if that is the case then what is the Bronco's plan for the later rounds? If rounds 1-4 are 2-3 year projects then are rounds 5-7 just special team players and guys who will take 5 years to develop?

Nah, if you can get an immediate impact player in the first round then you do it. End of story.

Comment

hmm, well if that is the case then what is the Bronco's plan for the later rounds? If rounds 1-4 are 2-3 year projects then are rounds 5-7 just special team players and guys who will take 5 years to develop?

Nah, if you can get an immediate impact player in the first round then you do it. End of story.
                    You are not going to always get a immediate impact player in the first round.
                    Especially since we do not trade up in the first and do not put the immediate needs over the long term plans.

Comment

Originally posted by Lestat View Post
                      You are not going to always get a immediate impact player in the first round.
                      Especially since we do not trade up in the first and do not put the immediate needs over the long term plans.
                      But that SHOULD BE the goal.

Comment

I got ogletree hopkins cyprien and bernard last year on the om draft and they bosshogged candy from day one this isnt rocket science.
                        Please don't tell me you think drafting is easy and you'd do well at it

You're the absolutel definition of an armchair GM.

Comment

It is the goal as Elway said. He's had 2 1st round picks - 1 in Von Miller and the other in Sly.

Sly is a DT...enough said. And Von speaks for himself.

Comment

I never said it shouldn't be. I said it doesn't always happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Action View Post
                              Please don't tell me you think drafting is easy and you'd do well at it

You're the absolutel definition of an armchair GM.
                              i fergot u wer da dude who had dat inside nfl perspective and knew wut it wuz all about.

as u can clearly see i hit grand slams withoutbthebbases loaded. Woadie waodie.

Comment

Show them, because NFP (who I respect more than most) just released draft metrics for the past 10 years an Denver sucks at drafting.
                                10 years? You realize this regime has been through 3 years?

Comment

Working...
                                X