Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Odell Beckham Jr highlights

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by cutthemdown View Post
    Broncos don't need a WR this year. Because of that I don't think Elway takes one the first 2 rounds.

    He may take one but I think round 1 and 2 he will look for a different position.
    Bosses draft BPA. Bosses don't need anything.

    #bosselway

    Comment


    • #32
      if he's BPA at 31, take him. Shoring up your holes via FA allows the team to go BPA in the draft.

      Comment


      • #33
        BPA hasn't really worked out well for their first several picks, might wanna do something different or get "BPA" figured out.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Requiem View Post
          BPA hasn't really worked out well for their first several picks, might wanna do something different or get "BPA" figured out.
          ...what? stop spreading garbage.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Requiem View Post
            BPA hasn't really worked out well for their first several picks, might wanna do something different or get "BPA" figured out.
            what do you propose? If BPA hasn't worked for the Broncos that's more an indication of their scouting department sucking than it is that taking BPA doesn't work.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
              what do you propose? If BPA hasn't worked for the Broncos that's more an indication of their scouting department sucking than it is that taking BPA doesn't work.
              Or perhaps that the idea that they strictly follow BPA is a myth. Have a hard time believing that was the case for several of their high selections over the past few years. They need to get it right this year. Read the NFP article on successful teams and drafting, the Broncos have been (for years) terrible at getting quality players early. They make their marks later.

              I am just saying they need to do what is necessary to make sure their early picks are actually big time contributors, instead of missing years, getting benched or warming the bench like a majority of their early picks from this regime have been doing.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Requiem View Post
                I am just saying they need to do what is necessary to make sure their early picks are actually big time contributors, instead of missing years, getting benched or warming the bench like a majority of their early picks from this regime have been doing.
                Are you stuck in a time machine?

                I told you to stop spreading garbage. Clearly, you have no idea what you're talking about.

                "early picks"...probably means between rounds 1-3 (I'd say rounds 1 and 2, it can get tough starting in the 3rd depending on draft class). Here is this regimes draft classes in the early rounds.

                2011 Draft
                Round 1 - Von Miller - Starter/Pro bowler
                Round 2 - Rahim Moore - Starter
                Round 2 - Orlando Franklin - Starter
                Round 3 - Nate Irving - back up

                2012 Draft
                Round 2 - Derek Wolfe - Starter
                Round 2 - Brock Osweiler - Back up
                Round 3 - Ronnie Hillman - Back up/benched

                2013 Draft
                Round 1 - Sylvester Williams - worked into rotation at the end of the season
                Round 2 - Montee Ball - worked into rotation/will be starter
                Round 3 - Kayvon Webster - worked into rotation/could be starter

                I have no idea what you're talking about - we've had solid draft classes. To sit there and say, their early picks need to be "big time contributors" doesn't really mean ****.

                Barring injury we'll have at least 1 starter from every draft class this regime has had in the "early round" picks heading into 2014.

                The fact that all these players REMAIN ON THE ROSTER, is an achievement in itself...but most wouldn't understand that.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Action View Post
                  Are you stuck in a time machine?

                  I told you to stop spreading garbage. Clearly, you have no idea what you're talking about.

                  "early picks"...probably means between rounds 1-3 (I'd say rounds 1 and 2, it can get tough starting in the 3rd depending on draft class). Here is this regimes draft classes in the early rounds.

                  2011 Draft
                  Round 1 - Von Miller - Starter/Pro bowler
                  Round 2 - Rahim Moore - Starter
                  Round 2 - Orlando Franklin - Starter
                  Round 3 - Nate Irving - back up

                  2012 Draft
                  Round 2 - Derek Wolfe - Starter
                  Round 2 - Brock Osweiler - Back up
                  Round 3 - Ronnie Hillman - Back up/benched

                  2013 Draft
                  Round 1 - Sylvester Williams - worked into rotation at the end of the season
                  Round 2 - Montee Ball - worked into rotation/will be starter
                  Round 3 - Kayvon Webster - worked into rotation/could be starter

                  I have no idea what you're talking about - we've had solid draft classes. To sit there and say, their early picks need to be "big time contributors" doesn't really mean ****.

                  Barring injury we'll have at least 1 starter from every draft class this regime has had in the "early round" picks heading into 2014.

                  The fact that all these players REMAIN ON THE ROSTER, is an achievement in itself...but most wouldn't understand that.
                  It's still to early to know if the 2013 draft class is a good one or not, but I'm hopefull. Obviously lots of us were shocked with the Webster pick but we aren't scouts on the Broncos payroll tickling Elway's ear about who the Broncos should draft. But I kind of agree with Req's premise that you gotta get immediate impact players in the first round and hopefully the second and third round too. But that first pick should be a day one starter and hopefully, create an immediate difference on the team. Von did that, it looks like Wolfe can do that if he stays healthy and the jury is still out on Williams.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
                    It's still to early to know if the 2013 draft class is a good one or not, but I'm hopefull. Obviously lots of us were shocked with the Webster pick but we aren't scouts on the Broncos payroll tickling Elway's ear about who the Broncos should draft. But I kind of agree with Req's premise that you gotta get immediate impact players in the first round and hopefully the second and third round too. But that first pick should be a day one starter and hopefully, create an immediate difference on the team. Von did that, it looks like Wolfe can do that if he stays healthy and the jury is still out on Williams.
                    We know one thing from the 2013 class - Montee Ball can run.

                    That's such flawed logic and generalizing just shows incompetence when it comes to the details of the NFL.

                    To say, we need to get immediate impact players in the first round, and first pick should be a day one starter is just flawed.

                    Outside of taking into account where we are picking, you also have to take into account what position we are taking. What DTs are day 1 starters and huge impact players in year 1? It's a KNOWN fact that DT's take 1-3 years to develop. So are you suggesting we don't take DTs in the first round? Same goes with any dlineman.

                    Matter of fact, there are only a few positions that players make huge impacts their first year since there is a guaranteed steep learning curve at every position in the NFL. So are we only supposed to draft these specific positions?

                    You want to draft day 1 starters, but the reality is, you're drafting so that player will be a starter for you in year 2-3.

                    I know John Elway has said in the past he wants his 1st round picks to have immediate impacts on day 1 - but the reality is he's only had 2 first round picks, and 1 them was a DT, in which almost done have immediate impacts in the NFL.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Action View Post
                      Are you stuck in a time machine?
                      2012 was a disaster and 2011 outside of Miller and Franklin is the same way. Early picks need to contribute immediately, not ride the pine or sniff a clipboard. They value they mortgaged in trade up's for worthless players is a concern too.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Requiem View Post
                        2012 was a disaster and 2011 outside of Miller and Franklin is the same way. Early picks need to contribute immediately, not ride the pine or sniff a clipboard. They value they mortgaged in trade up's for worthless players is a concern too.
                        How is a draft that includes Wolfe, Trevathan, and Jackson a "disaster"?
                        We have no idea about Brosweiler so it he can't be judged either way yet

                        And 2011 included Julius Thomas
                        We netted 4 starters, 2 of which are among the best at the position in the league
                        That is in no way a bad draft

                        And had Carter looked good before he tore up his knee

                        You are wrong

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Requiem View Post
                          2012 was a disaster and 2011 outside of Miller and Franklin is the same way. Early picks need to contribute immediately, not ride the pine or sniff a clipboard. They value they mortgaged in trade up's for worthless players is a concern too.
                          Disaster? Do you even know what a disaster of a draft looks like?

                          I don't think your expectations of an NFL draft are realistic, nor do you understand it from an NFL level.

                          The only reason we can spend like we are spending this year, is because we've drafted so well...theres been numerous articles that go into detail about how we've been able to draft effectively.

                          This whole "immediate contributors" is just some generalization people who know very little about the NFL draft and the NFL landscape say.
                          Last edited by Action; 03-19-2014, 05:50 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Action View Post
                            Disaster?
                            Disaster Drafts

                            See Denver: 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, etc.

                            . . .

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Action View Post
                              The only reason we can spend like we are spending this year, is because we've drafted so well...theres been numerous articles that go into detail about how we've been able to draft effectively.
                              Show them, because NFP (who I respect more than most) just released draft metrics for the past 10 years an Denver sucks at drafting.

                              This whole "immediate contributors" is just some generalization people who know very little about the NFL draft and the NFL landscape say.
                              Don't try and point me out to be stupid -- I am not.

                              Early picks need to contribute early. I understand positions require learning curves and not everyone hits the ground running, but for the most part, we've been aborting drafts for a decade with little to no improvement in that regard. I am not going to crown our FO king because they literally hit on Von Miller and a few others out of ~ 20 picks.

                              I just have high expectations.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by Requiem View Post
                                Show them, because NFP (who I respect more than most) just released draft metrics for the past 10 years an Denver sucks at drafting.



                                Don't try and point me out to be stupid -- I am not.

                                Early picks need to contribute early. I understand positions require learning curves and not everyone hits the ground running, but for the most part, we've been aborting drafts for a decade with little to no improvement in that regard. I am not going to crown our FO king because they literally hit on Von Miller and a few others out of ~ 20 picks.

                                I just have high expectations.
                                We have had 20 high draft picks the past couple years?

                                How is what happened prior to 2011 relevant?
                                Different people in charge

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X