Autism Linked to Pollution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autism Linked to Pollution

A new study offers strong evidence that environmental toxins play a role in the disorder. The report looked at birth defects associated with parental exposure to pollution and found a 1% increase in the defects corresponded to a 283% increase in autism.
    http://time.com/25424/growing-eviden...ion/?hpt=hp_t2

Uh oh my future kids are going to be f'd by the SLC inversion.

Comment

Another reason to stay in the country... but then again there's Lyme's disease.

On the commute home I also heard about a study that proposed a link with leaded gasoline and the increase of urban violent crime due to lead poisoning.
      Many links on that topic but here's one; http://www.forbes.com/sites/alexknap...rime-epidemic/

I'm still somewhat skeptical about the whole 'global warming' concept but these sorts of issues with pollutants to me are more of a reason to move to cleaner forms of energy.

Comment

Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post
        A new study offers strong evidence that environmental toxins play a role in the disorder. The report looked at birth defects associated with parental exposure to pollution and found a 1% increase in the defects corresponded to a 283% increase in autism.
        http://time.com/25424/growing-eviden...ion/?hpt=hp_t2
        But the people who don't believe in global warming don't believe we need clean air and water, lol. As if having clean air and water only matters in global temperature.

Comment

I've always wondered why autism just seemed to spring up in the modern era. It also gets worse every year.

Comment

I've always wondered why autism just seemed to spring up in the modern era. It also gets worse every year.
            Why...

Because it wasn't necessarily properly diagnosed in the past.

Comment

Look no further than vaccines and toxic food

Comment

Originally posted by baja View Post
                Look no further than vaccines and toxic food
                Vaccines don't cause autism.

Comment

Originally posted by StugotsIII View Post
                  Why...

Because it wasn't necessarily properly diagnosed in the past.
                  Yeah. I suppose you could say that, but it's so widespread now and increasing all the time that it makes sense that it's something in the environment driving it. There are some who argue that part of the reason Rome fell apart was because the upper classes had all their water fed to them in lead pipes.

Comment

Yeah. I suppose you could say that, but it's so widespread now and increasing all the time that it makes sense that it's something in the environment driving it. There are some who argue that part of the reason Rome fell apart was because the upper classes had all their water fed to them in lead pipes.
                    Sounds like good, sound science to me.
                    Last edited by StugotsIII; 03-15-2014, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Humans linked to everything wrong on Earth.

Comment

Originally posted by Brohemoth View Post
                        Humans linked to everything wrong on Earth.
                        The arrogance of humanity.

Comment

Fire up those solar panels. Let's save the whales and lil autistic kids at the same time. Go green power!

Comment

Originally posted by cutthemdown View Post
                            Fire up those solar panels. Let's save the whales and lil autistic kids at the same time. Go green power!
                            Spoiler alert...

Kids will still pop out of their mommies vagina's and end up with autism.

Comment

Originally posted by cutthemdown View Post
                              I like how someone would think saying this ironically makes sense...

Comment

Working...
                              X