Brett Smith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brett Smith

Any Broncos fans out in the west know anything about this guy? Shed some insight maybe? Rumor has it we may be interested in drafting him..

http://nfl.si.com/2014/03/13/2014-nf...smith-sleeper/

I hope so, he's a great kid, plays QB for the university of Wyoming, he basically carried that team on his back. In one of my mock drafts I have the Broncos taking him in the 5th round!

Comment

I watched him play a couple of times in Laramie. I think the best description I've heard is Tebow with an arm. He sometimes makes bad decisions and will whiff on a pass but I think with some development he can be a really good nil qb

Comment

He would be a waste of a draft pick. He lacks size. He has had quite a few injuries (2 or 3 concussions.) He has a decent arm, but he is not very accurate with his throws.

Comment

Stupid pick who will never start in the NFL IMO. Broncos have Brock and don't need another QB right now.

Comment

I think Carr, Mettenberger, Fales, Smith and Boyd will be guys we look at hard in the draft.
            I also think we will take a look at McCarron, Thomas and Morris.
            I do not think we will take a QB high unless the value is just too great to pass up.

No reason in the world to not stack QB prospects because they are good trade chips.

Comment

Unless the Broncos can move Dysert or Brock taking another QB would be a waste. True you want to groom and stack QBs but not at the expense of a young QB you already groomed for a yr or two.

Comment

Id rather take a chance on Aaron Murray.

Comment

Originally posted by Lestat View Post
                  I think Carr, Mettenberger, Fales, Smith and Boyd will be guys we look at hard in the draft.
                  I also think we will take a look at McCarron, Thomas and Morris.
                  I do not think we will take a QB high unless the value is just too great to pass up.

No reason in the world to not stack QB prospects because they are good trade chips.
                  we don't need another clipboard holding draft pick. Osweiller was inquired about and never dealt this year, he has been a waste of a second round pick and drafted in a position where we could have had a starter actually producing for the team now. osweiller's contract will come and go with Peyton still in place. please no more QBs

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojef View Post
                    we don't need another clipboard holding draft pick. Osweiller was inquired about and never dealt this year, he has been a waste of a second round pick and drafted in a position where we could have had a starter actually producing for the team now. osweiller's contract will come and go with Peyton still in place. please no more QBs
                    You notice how many QB's we seem to be sniffing around? It isn't just because.
                    Elway has said many times in the past that he will always look at the QB position even with Peyton here if the value is right.

That is what we took Dysert last year, he was projected by some to go as high as the 4th round and was seen as a likely 5th rounder, he fell to the 7th and we snapped him up.

Elway has no plans to be left holding the bag when Peyton retires so he will continue to evaluate QB's each season and while we may not take one we will always look.

Plus Elway is going to draft the best player available and if that is a QB then it will be a QB that is drafted.

You can call the Os pick a waste or whatever, we still made the pick, Elway and co still love him and they are the ones that make the decisions.

Comment

Have no issue with a sixth or seventh rounder as a project we can actually trade. Do have issue with a second round investment at QB when we are trying to fill holes to build a SB team. Especially when we won't trade when calls are made from other teams and the contract will expire prior to Peyton leaving. If Peyton goes down or leaves our QB solution long term won't be one of these projects

Comment

There is no problem with looking. This is draft season. We need to look at all of the QB's and make sure we get some rumors going so that at the end of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd teams who are QB desperate might overpay in draft pick value for us to move down and then we can move around better for players we want.

Comment

This would be the year I would pass on drafting a QB unless they are not impressed with Dysert, or even Oss and can find a way to trade him.

Stock the team with BPA and fill out needs after the 1st round of cuts in TC.

Comment

As a Wyoming alumni I would love to see the Broncos draft Smith. Fast, athletic, great scrambler, good arm.

Comment

Not unless we get a lot of picks for Brock.

Comment

Working...
                              X