Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why the %$#@ haven't we signed Daryl Smith yet?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why the %$#@ haven't we signed Daryl Smith yet?!

I know you're all thinking the same thing. I really hope we're not putting all of our eggs in the Nate Irving basket. With out window, I also hope we are not relying on the draft for what should be the quarterback of the defense. If we had a very high pick, maybe that could work, but how many guys in the draft can step in there right away and be a leader on the defense.

So, Mr. Elway, what the $*%# are you waiting for?

...respectfully

...he is asking for at least $5 million per year and he will turn 32 next month.
    Read more: Broncos' free agent cart just about full, limiting the signing of more help - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...#ixzz2vwm93FUV
    Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
    Follow us: @Denverpost on Twitter | Denverpost on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by TonyR View Post
      ..he is asking for at least $5 million per year and he will turn 32 next month.
      Neither of which should be a surprise to them.

Comment

Originally posted by SportinOne View Post
        I know you're all thinking the same thing. I really hope we're not putting all of our eggs in the Nate Irving basket. With out window, I also hope we are not relying on the draft for what should be the quarterback of the defense. If we had a very high pick, maybe that could work, but how many guys in the draft can step in there right away and be a leader on the defense.

So, Mr. Elway, what the $*%# are you waiting for?

...respectfully
        I'm pretty sure we're putting most of our eggs in the Peyton Manning basket.

With the remaining eggs going into the DT/JT/Welker/Miller/Knighton/Ware/Trevathan/Ward/Talib basket.

Comment

We will pick up a mid level veteran again and HOPEFULLY draft one.

Comment

Josina Anderson ‏@JosinaAnderson 31s
            Just got a text from LB Wesley Woodyard: "I'm about to sign with the Titans."

Comment

I hate that we haven't signed him yet but at $5M that is a bit steep given his age.

I'm glad John APPEARS to recognize the need at the position as we have attempted to sign DQwell and Beason.

Hopefully he doesn't go full retard again digging around for stiffs like Bradley etc.. Lenon wasn't all that great either.

Comment

If PFM wants a Lombardi maybe he can take a couple mill haircut this year? I'm sur then poppa royalties will more than offset it!

Comment

Originally posted by stoxman View Post
                  I hate that we haven't signed him yet but at $5M that is a bit steep given his age.

I'm glad John APPEARS to recognize the need at the position as we have attempted to sign DQwell and Beason.

Hopefully he doesn't go full retard again digging around for stiffs like Bradley etc.. Lenon wasn't all that great either.
                  Can't say how Bradley would have played since he got injured.

Comment

Originally posted by rmsanger View Post
                    If PFM wants a Lombardi maybe he can take a couple mill haircut this year? I'm sur then poppa royalties will more than offset it!
                    I've been saying this for weeks. Why would be care if be made $15 million instead of $20 million this year?

Comment

Originally posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
                      Neither of which should be a surprise to them.
                      Now, no. But I don't think at the start of FA than anyone expected the price to be quite that high. Here's the ILB market thus far:

1. Donald Butler (Re-signed seven-year, $51.8M deal with SD)
                      2. Karlos Dansby (Signed four-year, $24M deal with CLE)
                      3. Brandon Spikes
                      4. Daryl Smith
                      5. Jon Beason (Re-signed three-year, $19M deal with NYG)
                      6. D'Qwell Jackson (Signed four-year, $22M deal with IND)
                      7. Perry Riley (Re-signed three-year, $13M deal with WAS)
                      8. Wesley Woodyard (Signed four-year, $16M deal with TEN)
                      9. Arthur Moats
                      10. Kavell Conner (Signed three-year deal with SD)

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nf...ee-agents?pg=2

Comment

Patience, Jesus Christ.

Comment

I dont think we want to invest that kind of coin in a 2 down LB.

Comment

From what I've seen of Sullivan and Elway, nothing surprises me anymore. Give it some time. I still think Smith wants to stay a raven and is just trying to haggle up his price.

Comment

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 38s

Ravens and LB Daryl reached agreement on a four-year, $16.1 million deal, per sources. Back to Baltimore.

Comment

Working...
                              X