X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next up Steve Smith lets get it.

Bout to be released by CAR.
    Get some more physicality at WR.

though him and talib on the same team could make for a scary training camp fight #iceupson lmao

no dinero homie

Comment

Originally posted by rmsanger View Post
      no dinero homie
      we are still good on money.

Comment

Daryl Smith better be the first Smith we sign.

Comment

Originally posted by rmsanger View Post
          no dinero homie
          You have no clue of the broncos financial situation or how these contracts are structured.

Comment

I already posted this in another thread. Cheap, 1 year deal for a vet. I'm all about it. If he can't be had cheap...then Nicks or a high draft pick like Odell.

Comment

Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
              You have no clue of the broncos financial situation or how these contracts are structured.
              actually we can make educated guesses based upon what has been released thus far. You're correct that depending upon the structure, timing, and gurantees the cap impact will vary. But they are still minimial ranges you can assign to the three players we've picked up plus draft picks plus other positions that need to be filled.

Comment

I like the fact we're getting very physical players. We're playing the NFC West next year so Elway knows we have to be a more physical team to compete in those games and again into next post season.

Comment

Originally posted by ZONA View Post
                  I like the fact we're getting very physical players. We're playing the NFC West next year so Elway knows we have to be a more physical team to compete in those games and again into next post season.
                  Yep!

Elway is looking to compete with them during the season, rather than limp into the playoffs with a 9-7 record then get blown out in the SB again.

At least we have a GM willing to make the moves we need to get better and the luck having these guys fall into our lap.

Comment

It would have to be a bargain deal. I really think Caldwell steps up to the 50 catch 6TD range next year. Our receiving core with JT, JT, Welker and Caldwell is still solid and add a pick and we are good. This isn't a glaring hole area. Pass Rush, Secondary and MLB are the glaring hole areas and we have addressed the most important of those areas so far in FA. If we have money left to spend it should be on a MLB and depth signings.

Comment

I like the idea for a few reasons.

A) always one of my favorite non-Broncos in the league
                      B) physical receiver, tough, sure handed, doesn't disappear
                      C) keeps him out of NE, and you know they're WR hungry

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Bronco View Post
                        It would have to be a bargain deal. I really think Caldwell steps up to the 50 catch 6TD range next year. Our receiving core with JT, JT, Welker and Caldwell is still solid and add a pick and we are good. This isn't a glaring hole area. Pass Rush, Secondary and MLB are the glaring hole areas and we have addressed the most important of those areas so far in FA. If we have money left to spend it should be on a MLB and depth signings.
                        Plus we have the Draft yet and it is said to be a WR deep draft.

I would like to have Smith but only at a bargain one year deal.

We can get production out of Caldwell and Manning can develop a young WR quickly. He has done it before. A couple of his old WR's are still out there in FA as well I believe. Would almost rather have Decker back cheaper with a longer term deal.

Comment

Broncos may wait on vet WR until after the draft. With all the big name rookie WR coming on a lot of good vets will probably hit the pavement. On teams with no chance to win vets just don't make as much sense as they do for playoff teams.

I bet a good one will shake loose, or they may sign Lafell.

Comment

Anyone else think the Broncos will address the O line?

Even though Clady was out, they had real problems against the Seattle rotation of pass rushers and moving the ball on the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by DBroncos4life View Post
                              Daryl Smith better be the first Smith we sign.
                              Amen, while I would love to get Steve at the right cost as he's from my alma mater and a good WR, MLB needs to be our next priority. It's the QB position of the defense.

Comment

Working...
                              X